Chapter 1

As I'm lying down on the bed I fix my eyes to the lampshade. I should really be listening to the shouting that's going on around me but I decide not to. I hear a slam coming from besides me which makes me jump up.

I try and focus my eyes to adjust to see what just happened as my eyes have just been starring at a light for a few minutes. Of course it was no one better the Alex slamming his fist on his bedside table.

"Bella I actually can't fucking believe you. You're not even fucking listening" he shouts with rage. I think I have really messed up this time. I sit up and rest against his headboard and focus on him.

"You fucking kissed my brother and now you're not saying anything?" I just watch him as his face gets more and more red with anger. It was kinda funny seeing him mad.

"Forget it! We are not best friends anymore!" He shouts which makes me smirk but he catches onto that. Like he caught onto me and his brother.

"You sounded like Suzie sheep when she got mad at peppa pig" I joke which obviously just makes him even more angry. At times I know the perfect things to say. At times that is.

"Get the fuck out" he sighs quietly but I ignore him and stay there. I knew what I had done was bad but Alex was just taking this over the top.

"Alex" I whisper. He just sits in his chair and bows his head in his hands.

"Why did you even kiss him Bella? Why my brother?" He asks. I didn't really know how to explain it in the best of ways.

"He reminds me of you" I speak. Why did I say that. I take a deep breath in and then sigh.

"So what? You wanted to kiss me but you couldn't so you kissed him?" He laughs at what he says. I just stay quiet knowing it was true. I couldn't dare for him to know this way after 10 years.

"Bella?" He asks placing a hand on my thigh. I couldn't face to tell him. Not like this. I get up off his bed and out of his flat running back to mine. It was a stupid kiss and now look where it's ended up.

I get back to my own flat and slam the door behind me. We lived in the same apartment complex and to be honest it was annoying because he could just walk in when ever he wanted. I knew I shouldn't have given him a spare key.

Just what I thought was going to happen happened. The door opened. I stood back from it and in he walks. I couldn't tell his face expression which scared me. He closed the door behind him and took a step closer to me.

"Alex I-" I start before rudely getting interrupted by him just walking off into my kitchen and putting my kettle on.

"Tea or coffee?" He asks not making eye contact. I knew this was his way of comforting us both.

"Tea please" I say giving a small smile. I lean over the counter and stare at him while he focuses on making the drinks. He was perfect ever since the first day I met him.

Flash back

The first lesson of year 7. Of a new school. I was bloody terrified of making new friends.

I get to the teachers door after about 10 minutes trying to find it. I walk in to see the whole of the class staring at me. I look around the class and notice only one seat left. Next to a boy.

"Sorry I'm late miss" my voice quavering. I walk over to the desk at the back of the class and fling my bag over my shoulder and onto the floor then take my seat.

I look at the boy sitting next to me but all I could see was the back of his head because he turned his body to completely block me out. I just sit back and listen to the teacher talk.

"Okay class now that everyone is partnered could you all talk to one another and try and find out a fact about the other person" the teacher says. Of course she did as it was the first lesson of the day and we hardly knew anyone.

The boy next to me slouches back in his chair but actually facing forward so I could see what he looked like. He had brown hair that was moved to one side of his face almost covering his eye. He had a weird face but it was cute. He was cute.

"I'm Bella" I smile. He just looks at me for a second and then rolls his eyes.

"And I don't care about this lesson" he says sitting up from his chair and putting his head on the desk.

"I know. English is shit" I whisper which makes him gasp but then laughs straight after.

"I'm Alex" he smiles back at me. His smile was amazing. It lit up the room.

Later on the teacher gives out new books and Alex grabs mine from me and puts my name on it. I do the same with his book and give it back to him.

"Noooo" he laughs looking at the name. I look back at it and wonder what happened. I only put his first name.

"What is it? Did it smudge?" I ask wondering what went wrong.

"Who spells Alex like A l l e x x?" He whispers as the teacher was talking.

"You can have my book if you want" I say passing it to him. He just looks at me.

"How can I when it has your name on it. No wonder you're in set 4"

"We're in the same set" I laugh.

"Excuse me at the back. What's your name?" The teacher asks.

"But miss it was him" I say giving him a death stare. He gasps again.

"No you were the one who ruined my book and called English shit!" He shouts at me and then looks around the class and noticing everyone's mouths have dropped.

"Right you two that behaviour is unacceptable in secondary school. I'm letting you off as it is your first day but if I hear that again then you will get a detention" she says to the whole class. Alex and I nod along with the class giving us both death stares.

————————

"Talk to me Bell" he says snapping my mind back out of the flashback. I see a cup of tea in front of my and I take a sip.

"I'm sorry for kissing your brother Alex." I sigh and sit on the counter.

"But what did you mean by 'he reminds me of you'?" Alex asks looking up at me on the counter. I look at him dead on in the eyes admiring him.

"He's your brother. I kissed my best friends brother. Holy fuck I'm so sorry Alex" Hopefully this would change the subject. He moves to my and my knees touch his stomach. I open them and he moves closer towards my body.

"But why Bella? Why aren't you telling me? What are you hiding?" He asks desperate for an answer.

"Because I don't want to ruin our friend ship." I say looking down into my lap as a tear rolls down my face.

"Because you like me?" He asks and I stare into his soul. "You do don't you" He smiles. I hated that smile. The smug smile he gives when he knows he's right.

"No of course not. Why would I like you?" I laugh slightly but he just sighs and steps back out from my legs.

"I um I thought you did" he says turning around and picking up his tea but not turning back around.

"Alex I thought it would make our friend ship worse if I actually told you how I actually felt about you"

"So you were just going to keep this from me? For how long?" He says turning back around with tears in his eyes. I just ignored him, I couldn't tell him. "How fucking long Bella?" He says impatiently. I jump down from the counter and over to him.

"Year 7" I whisper loud enough for him to hear. "But it grew over the years." I smile at him. He just looks at me with a blank expression again. However just like that he steps past me and out of the front door. Fuck sake Bella. For fucks sake.