Chapter 3

I needed to fix this. I had to. I walk back to his apartment and knock on the door. George opens it and looks at me strangely.

"Didn't I just say he's gone?" He laughs. I smile and walk in.

"Can I stay here until he comes back?" I ask looking at him with puppy eyes.

"Yeah of course" he says walking back to the sofa he was sat on.

I make my way over to Alex's bedroom. It was surprisingly messy. I guess he just threw everything off his desk when I ran out before. Maybe tidying his room will make things a little bit better, so that's what I do.

I finished tidying his room and lie down on his bed exhausted. I could really fall asleep but I needed to wait for Alex.

A few minutes pass by and then I hear the front door slam and foot steps up to the door. I continue to look up at the ceiling and not at him. He opens the door and then waits in the doorway before sighing.

He walks up to the bed and sits down taking his trainers off and then lies down next to me. We both just stare at the ceiling for a good 5 minutes without moving or speaking to one another.

I take this opportunity to apologise so I roll over on my stomach and look at him. His hair was parted in curtains and his bold green eyes stare into my soul. He was just perfect.

"Alex I'm really sorry. Can we just forget about today and forget that anything happened and-" I began but got cut off by Alex moving his face closer to mine. Next thing I know his lips were on mine and we started to kiss passionately.

Flash back to year 11

I jump into my prom dress. It was a nice lavender colour that came just above my knees. Mine and Alex's mum were downstairs waiting for us both to get dressed. Well waiting for Alex to get dressed.

"You know you look a bit like Belle Delphine in that dress" he says which makes me laugh.

I turned around from my desk and there he was trying to pull his trousers up.

"Don't watch me you weirdo" he laughs and stands up straight showing the top part of his body.

"Haha you have big nipples" I laugh at him. I always had said he has big nipples.

"What size are yours then?" He says looking down at his own.

"Normal size. Anyway I can't show my nipples because apparently that's weird." I laugh as he buttons up the shirt he just put on.

"I never get why men can show our nipples but women can't" Alex says struggling at the top button. I stand up and walk over to him helping him out.

He then picks up his tie and ties it up. We both just look at each other in the eyes. Damn he looked good. I looked down at his lips and smiled to myself. He was just perfect.

Next thing I knew, he leaned in and kissed me on the lips. It was nice and passionate. I kiss him back and place my hand on the back of his head. After about 30 seconds he pulls his head away.

"Holy shit I'm sorry Bella" he says. He probably regretted it and the way he reacted kinda hurt.

"You're a good kisser Alex. Have you been practicing with a teddy bear again?" I joke through the pain.

"No I practiced on my flashlight" he laughs. I open my mouth wide and hit him with disgust.

"Come on let go. Or we'll miss the prom" I say and open my arm for him to hook around which he does.

We never spoke about that kiss ever again after that night. I guess it's for the best, it was just one silly kiss.

————————

I pull my head away from his. He probably didn't mean to make the move and it was wrong. We both knew it was wrong.

"I, um, sorry" I said and sat up. He sat up as well and held my hand in his.

"It's not your fault don't worry I shouldn't have kissed you. I'm sorry Bella" he apologised. I looked up at him and he just kept looking at our hands.

"I just want to be friends" I said. This is generally what I wanted. I didn't want to ruin anything with him I just wanted him.

"I want that as well. Let's just pretend today didn't happen okay" he smiled and looked at me. I smiled back and nodded.

"Have you been practicing on that flashlight again?" I say which makes him laugh.

"No me and George have been practicing together" he joked which made me laugh.

"So it's true!" I continue to laugh and then remembered that we were still holding hands.

"Of course not. Would you like a drink?" He offers finally releasing our hands.

"J2O please" I smile which makes him laugh.

I can't believe he kissed me. My best friend kissed me. This is amazing but we have to forget it ever happened. I didn't really know how to feel about it but I'm sure I'll get over it. As long as I have Alex back then everything is fine.