Chapter 12

Slowly everything starts coming back from me. Being pulled inside my apartment by Ted, me telling him to get out, him pushing him over.

I feel a massive rush of pain in the back of my head so I slowly move my hand towards the pain and squeeze my eyes shut.

"Bella what the hell" I heard from Alex. I haven't seen him in a few days. I open my eye to look at him and find myself in a hospital bed.

I frown my eyebrows and sit up on the bed. What am I doing in a hospital bed.

"Why am I here?" I ask with a croaky voice.

"Ted told the nurse that you were drunk and fell back and hit your head. There was a small cut but it was bleeding a lot so he brought you here and left. They called me because I was your first emergency call." He says and sighs after. "Why did you drink so early Bella?"

"I- err- I didn't drink once. He told them I drank?" I ask him absolutely annoyed that Ted had lied.

"Yeah why is that not what happened?" He asks and standing up to sit on the bed with me.

"No I-" my voice became shaky. I didn't really want to bring Alex into this.

"What happened Bella?" He asks sounding concerned.

"He pushed me and I fell backwards over the coffee table." I say shocked. How dare he tell the nurse that I was drunk.

"He what?!? Is this why you haven't been seeing me because he's been telling you what to do." Alex says raising his voice.

"I'm sure he didn't-" I began but Alex interrupts me.

"You're sticking up for him? A guy you've met not even a week ago over me? Your best friend?" He said turning red from anger.

"No Alex I'm not saying that" I say and hold his hand. "I would have never brought him to my apartment in the first place if I knew how he was going to be."

Alex looks up to me and smiles, moving a strand of hair out my face and behind my ear. We hear footsteps coming and assume it was the nurse so Alex moves his hand away from my face.

"Hey love" Ted says walking into the room with some flowers. Fuck! Why was he here. How could he come back knowing he blatantly lied.

"What are you doing here?" Alex scoffs.

"I just came to see how my beautiful girl was after her fall if that's okay with you. Anyway I'd like you to leave now." He says to Alex. Alex just gives him a dirty look as if to say "Why don't you get out"

"Why did you tell the nurse I was drunk?" I ask him. Squeezing Alex's hand in anger.

"Because you were. You must have hit your head pretty hard." He says as if I was lying.

Alex stands up and stands right in front of Ted but Ted was obviously taller then Alex.

"Get out Ted. And take the flowers" I said to him. He looks down at Alex.

"Go on, did you not hear her?" Alex says to him. Ted then looks back at me and then walks out of the room.

Alex turns around and faces me with a shocked face plastered on him. "Omg did you see that! I totally showed him who's boss!" He says making me giggle.

Flashback

I hate year 11. It consists of waking up, skipping breakfast, going to school for 8 hours, going home and continuing to revise, and then go to sleep. I hardly had any free time to myself.

Alex and I usually revised together either after school in the school library or at each other's houses.

I couldn't even have a peaceful lunch break without this bitch, Elle, finding an excuse to have an argument with me.

Elle was one of Alex's ex. They only went out for a week because Elle couldn't handle that Alex fussed over me more then her. She's always hated me for always hanging around with Alex.

It was a Friday which meant there was fish, nuggets and chips. Of course I got nuggets and chips and also a brownie to go with it.

Alex got the same but without the brownie and a drink instead. We tend to do this and just share the brownie and drink between us.

As we were walking back to the table, Elle stopped in front of us and looked at what I was holding.

"Don't go eating too much Bella. You don't want to become overweight because then you'll never get a chance with Alex." She grins.

"Erm excuse me?" I kinda laugh to myself. Is this girl really going to complain about how much I was eating.

"You know, Alex might lose interest and you don't want that do you. I mean I'm not too sure why anyone would want to date you." She says crossing her arms.

"I don't like her" Alex laughs already eating his chips before we got to the table.

"Hmm that's not what it seemed like when we were dating." She says.

"That was like a year ago. Get over it. Alex and I are just close, doesn't mean I want to date him." I said.

"Well I think you don't wanna date him yet because of the STDs you have from all the other guys you've slept with already." She laughs. By now my chips were getting cold and I just couldn't be arsed.

"Are you calling her a slag?" Alex says walking up closer to her.

"Yes I am. I mean look at her. I bet you've wanted to smash her haven't you" Elle says to Alex. Alex looks back at me and then back at Elle.

"To be honest I'd love to smash her. I was thinking all through our relationship about how much bigger Bella's tits were compared to yous." Alex says to her. Both mine and Elles mouths drop open at the same time.

Elle turns around and runs away towards the restrooms. Alex turns around to me realising I heard everything he said and his eyes widened.

I held up my hand for him to high five which he does. "Nice one" I laughed and we walked back to the table to eat.

——————

"You look good to go now Miss Oakley." The nurse says. I thank him and get up out of the bed and hook arms with Alex.

I'm so glad he stood up for me and kicked Ted out but he still knows where I live and knew everything about me but to be honest I knew nothing about him.