Chapter 5

I hate my job working as a bar tender. Drunk people are so demanding, well most of them. It also means I don't get home until 4am and I wake up at 2pm which wastes my day.

I get out of bed and rub my eyes. It was actually really hot in my apartment today which is annoying because the aircon is broken. I go out my room and walk over to the kitchen.

"Jesus Christ Bella" I hear from the sofa in the living room which makes me jump. I turn around and see Alex covering his eyes. "Put some fucking clothes on" I look down and realise I was just in my underwear and a bra. I knew I should have never given him the spare key.

"It's my flat I do what the fuck I want" I chuckle and make my way over to the kitchen. I pour myself some cereal and then walk over to the sofa and sit down next to Alex.

"Why are you eating cereal at like half 2?" He asks looking into the bowl.

"I have nothing else here. Would you like some?" I ask like the kind person I am. Alex just sits back and scrunches up his nose.

"No thanks." He says and continues to watch the tv. I place the cereal down on the coffee table and turn my whole body towards him and cross my legs.

"What have you eaten today?" I ask curiously.

"Nothing I'm not that hungry." He says back but doesn't take his eyes off the tv.

"What did you eat yesterday?" I say and pause the tv to get his full attention.

"Can you put some clothes on please" I grab a throw from the chair next to me and wrap it around myself and wait for Alex's answer.

"So?" I ask again.

"Nuggets and chips" he sighs. I pull him into a hug and he rests his head on my chest. I can't let this happen to him again.

Flashback

I finally got back from Florida today which meant I can go and see Alex. I am so happy because I haven't seen him 2 weeks and I've missed him.

We haven't messaged that much because I was obviously on holiday and he was just being quite distant.

I only got back yesterday and I am jet lagged like hell but I wanted to see Alex. I got dressed into some comfortable clothes and got together the gifts I got for Alex.

When I arrived at his house I knocked on the door and his mum opened it with a big smile on her face.

"Hiya Rachel I missed you" I squeal and pull her into a hug.

"I missed you too honey oh my god you've tanned well haven't you!" She giggles and pulls away from the hug to inspect my tan I got.

"Yeah I have! I'll tell you and Alex all about it" I smile looking around for Alex.

"Oh I must warn you, Alex isn't really doing the best at the moment" she frowns. I raise my eyebrow wondering what was wrong with him.

"Why what happened?" I ask concerned.

"He hasn't been eating at all. The only thing he will eat is chicken nuggets and only then it's like 7 or 8 a day." She says. I can feel myself tearing up but I try not to.

"Can I go up and talk to him?" I ask.

"Of course you can" she smiles. I look up the stairs and make my way up them, over to Alex's room. I get to his door and knock to which I hear a grunt.

I open the door and see Alex sat on his bed playing a video game. He looks up at me and a massive smile grows on his face.

"Omg Bella!" He practically shouts and gets up, engulfing me into a hug. I hug him back and giggle slightly.

"I've missed you Al" I say pulling away. He smiles back widely and gives me another quick hug.

"I missed you more. I've been stuck here all holiday" he laughs and walks back over to his bed. I sit down on the end of it and plonk the bag of things.

"What's in the bag?" He asks with his legs crossed. I pull out everything one by one. I got him a lightsaber that lit up and made noises when you move it because I knew he loves Star Wars.

"Oh my god I've always wanted one of these" he laughs and starts swinging it around. I also got him a Star Wars Lego set which he seemed to like.

The last thing I got him was a load of sweets and chocolate. I tipped them all on his bed and he awkwardly laughed and scratched the back of his head.

"What's wrong with you Alex?" I ask out of no where.

"Nothing, what do you mean?" He asks trying to hide something.

"I'm not stupid Alex. Your mum told me. Why aren't you eating?" I ask and hold his hand in mine.

"I don't know" he sighs. "Just the smell of food makes me feel sick. I can't stand it Bella" he says looking down into his lap.

"We'll get you help Alex don't worry. You're not alone okay." I tell him. He looks up and into my eyes and gives me a small smile.

"Thank you Bella. Now tell me all about Florida!" He smiles. I have to help him, I can't just watch him fall apart and slowly kill himself.

———————

"I don't want to go back to that again" he sighs and lies in my lap looking up at me.

"I know but you'll get through it. We'll get through it, together." I smile down to him and play with his hair.

"Why the fuck are you always so nice to me?" He laughs and sits up.

"Because I love you and I don't want to see you going through any pain. I don't want anyone going through pain and want to help everyone but I can't." I frown.

"Why don't you become a therapist. Then you can help people. People who need it." He suggests. I have thought about it before but not really into depth. I mean I did take psychology so I could go into it if I really wanted to.

"Yeah good idea, but for now let's go out somewhere. I'll go get dressed and we could go to the park or something." I say and get up walking over to my room.

"Okay I'm going back to mine to get into more suitable clothes" he says getting up as well. We both close the doors at the same time and do our own things.

I really do love Alex with all my heart and I hate seeing him the slightest bit sad. Hopefully if I become a therapist I can help him more and help more people.