Chapter 6

I walk out my apartment with some shorts and a crop top on as it was boiling today. I wish I had gone out in my underwear but that's illegal. Anyways I made my way over to Alex's and George's flat and knocked on the door.
Moments later George opens it and smiles.

"He's just changing. Then he'll be out." George says. I walk inside and smile at George. I wonder how he puts up with Alex talking all the time.

"Thanks George. Are you coming?" I ask.

"Erm yeah sure. Shall we get the whole gang to go? Me, you, Alex, James, Gee, Mia, Aria and Will?"

"Yeah sure I'll message the girls, you message James and Will." I say and get on my phone. Alex shortly comes out in some black shorts and a T-shirt but with a jacket. I never understood this man.

"The rest of the guys are coming as well if that's okay with you." I tell him to which he nods his head.

"Of course it's a nice day and we haven't been out all together in ages. We could all go to the pubs after" he says. Of course he'll want to go to the pub.

—————-

Once we got to the park it started getting a bit cooler so it wasn't as hot and humid. Gee, Mia and Will brought some drinks like beer and wine, Alex, George and I brought the food and Aria and James brought the entertainment.

We popped open a few beers and played some games like cards against humanity that James brought. I think this was one of the best days I've had in ages.

Everyone was talking and laughing and I'm so happy I have these guys as my friends.

"Hey do you want a strawberry?" Alex says shaking the box in my face. I scrunch my nose up as a smile grows on his face.

"You know I don't like strawberries" I say putting them down on the picnic blanket.

"You're so paranoid. There's not gonna be any bugs inside them. Pussy" he says turning away from me. How dare he.

"You eat one then. If I'm such a pussy then I dare you to eat the whole pack." I say shoving them in his face.

"Fine" he replies and starts eating the strawberries. I knew if I distracted him then he would eat.

He surprisingly finishes all the strawberries and points at me waiting to swallow the rest of the strawberries in his mouth.

"I did it you bitch! You owe me!" He laughs and throws the empty box on the ground getting everyone's attention.

"Where the fuck have all the strawberries gone?" James asks picking up the box.

"Oh shut up James you have your cantaloupe melon so go suck on that" Alex says which makes us all laugh.

"Jeez Alex you seem drunk already and you've only drunk one beer" Gee laughs.

"That's because Alex is a lightweight." I laugh back shoving Alex.

"Says you. We're as bad as each other. I'll compete you to a drinking contest and see who lasts longest." He says shoving a grape into his mouth.

"Deal, last one to either throw up or back down wins" I say back holding my hand out which he shakes to confirm the deal.

We always have competitions over everything. Big or little. This one time the competition turned out worse then I had imagined.

Flashback

"Okay deal! First one to get their first kiss wins." Alex says. For a pair of 12 year olds we were really determined to get our first kisses.

We didn't have a boyfriend or girlfriend at the time so this was going to take a fair bit longer then expected. The lunch time bell rings so we both head up to our next lesson P.E.

The boys and girls were split up and the boys always went to do football and us girls did netball. I bloody hate netball with a passion. I don't know why I can't just do football with the guys. I don't know why sports are sexualised.

Anyways the girls line up against the wall while the teachers get all the equipment out. I stand at the back bored out my mind. I didn't really like any of the girls here. They all think I'm weird for hanging out with a boy.

"Wanna ditch?" I hear from next to me. I turn around and see a girl from the set above looking at me. I think her name was Grace.

"Like skip lesson?" I ask. I seriously didn't really know this girl and she wants me to ditch lesson with her.

"Well yeah unless you like netball" she smiles knowing I don't because I never do anything to help.

"Yeah alright then" I smile back as she grabs my hand and takes me around the back of the school. I liked this girl, she was interesting and fun.

We climbed onto some bins and then up onto the school roof. This part of the school was only one story which was good because I'm terrified of heights.

We both sat down far enough away so no one could see us but close enough so we could see everyone else. It was cool up here, it wasn't cold or boiling hot either. It was perfect.

I looked out onto the football pitch and saw all the boys running around. My eyes pick up on Alex chasing after the ball. To be fair he was quite a good football, but I always knew I was better.

"It's nice up here isn't it" Grace says. I look at her and smile. I think she was one of them bad kids that were either in isolation or excluded most of the time.

"Yeah it is. You can see almost everything" I say and look back towards everything. Grace placed her hand on my cheek and moved my head to face hers. She then moves in and places a kiss on my lips.

When I tell you I've never moved back so fast in my life I meant it. This girl just made a move on me. I couldn't tell Alex or anyone about it so I didn't and let him win.

———————

"Come on then guys let's go drinking!" Will shouts in his northern accent. We all cheered and packed everything up, then headed towards a club to start this contest.

———————
A/N
I'm so sorry for not posting at all really. I would say I'm busy but to be honest I've got no ideas and I'm really don't have any motivation.
Thanks all for putting up with it and I hope you don't mind :)