Chapter 11

Teds quite different then how I imagined him to be. From two days ago when I brought him to my apartment he's been acting like he owns me.

When Alex and I spoke outside my apartment that was the last time I saw him. Ted said if he was to come back or I went to see Alex then he'd hurt me.

It's like he hasn't even gone to his house and has just stayed at my place. I don't want him here but I'm scared of him. He's much taller and muscular then me. He's more powerful.

This morning I was just on my phone and it buzzed and he took it off me and went through it. I mean has this guy not heard of trust.

I just don't want to get Alex involved with my boy problems. I don't want Alex to get hurt because of me.

Flashback

Alex eventually came back with his "band" friends. They are an alright bunch, seem to be making Alex happy.

We are just playing on the football pitch. Alex and I were just standing in the corner with another one of Alex's friends, Liam. To be honest I hated this guy.

He was currently hitting us with a stick and I had enough. It hurt but not that much but still he shouldn't be hitting us with a stick.

"Yo can you stop. It actually really hurts" I said to him. He just looked at Alex.

"Does it hurt?" He asks Alex. It hurt me so why should he be bothered if it hurt Alex or not.

"Yeah a little bit" Alex said back which made me give a little smile.

"I'm sorry, wanna hit me in the arm to make up for it?" Now that was pretty weird. Why would you ask someone to hit you in the arm.

"Sure!" I say excitedly of course. "But Alex can go first." I say again having a perfect idea in mind.

Alex quickly gives a jab in the arm to Liam and then Liam comes to my and holds his arm out for me to hit. However instead of going for his arm I went for his face.

I mean I know it was unnecessary and everything but he was hitting us with sticks first. It was just pay back time.

"What the fuck did you do that for?" Liam says and standing face to face with me. Alex tried to stand in between us but before he does Liam slaps me across the face.

"Bro what the fuck" Alex says and pushes Liam back. I held my face as it stung and watched as Liam picked up his bag.

"She deserved it. And me and you Alex, we're done!" He says and walks away. The rest of Alex's friends came over to us as they had just seen what went down.

"Hey are you okay?" One of Alex's friends say.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." I smile and move my hand from my face. Alex comes over and gives me a hug.

"I'm so sorry he slapped you" he whispered.

"Oh it's my own fault I shouldn't have hit him" I say and backed away.

"No don't blame yourself. He was hitting us with a stick and it did kind of hurt. You had every right to hit him." Alex says and all his friends nod in agreement.

Alex is always there for me. Since the start of year 7. And I will always be there for him. Forever.

———————

I just wish something like that doesn't happen again. I've learnt to control my anger and not just hit random people.

Sometimes it would get me into more trouble then I had imagined and I feel like if I fight back this time I'm going to die.

"I'm going to the supermarket. Do you want anything?" Ted says to me from the kitchen.

Coming to think about it he has a very weird dress sense. He is wearing come checkered trousers with suspenders and a shirt.

"Erm can I come with you?" I just wanted to get out of this apartment. It was roasting in here.

"Sure but stay by my side" he says. I grab my keys and we walk down to the car park.

Once we get to the supermarket I grab a trolley and begin gliding across the floor with it. Alex and I always jump on the trolley while it was moving down the isle.

"What are you doing? Stop being so childish." Ted says with a weird look on his face. I jump down from the trolley and push it like a normal person. Who knew one person would be so boring.

We gather up a few bits and then we get to the back of the shop with the alcohol. We walk down there smile with joy.

"BELLA!" Said the man down the other side of the isle.

"WILL!" I said back and ran into his arms. I'm missed everyone in the space of 2 days.

"How come you haven't been coming around?" He asks. He was by himself which was a shame because I would have loved to see Mia or Gee.

"Erm well I'm really busy" I lied and turned my head away from Will.

"I thought I told you to stay by my side" Ted says walking up to the both of us. Ted and Will were about the same height.

"Oh yeah sorry" I apologise. He always makes me feel so threatened.

"So is this your new boyfriend?" Will asks smiling.

"No" I say but Ted says "yes" at the same time.

"Tough one mate" Will laughs.

"Excuse me?" Ted asks with a tone of anger in his voice.

"Well I mean it's quite obvious she don't want to be with you." Will says.

"Will don't-" I was about to say but I got pulled away by the wrist by Ted. I looked back at Will with some sort of fear in my eyes.

"I'm sorry" I mouth towards him but quickly disappearing to the check outs.

When we got to the apartment block, Ted once again grabbed me by the wrist and grabbed the shopping bags in his other hand.

Once we got into the apartment he pushed me in and I fell to the ground. He put the shopping bags onto the counter in the kitchen and grabbed my hair, pulling me up.

He held my hair tight causing my head to tilt the way he wanted it to. I looked him in the eyes and I swear I could see red.

"You're such a fucking bitch" he says and let's go of my hair harshly.

"You can't just treat me like this! Get out of my flat!" I yell and point towards the front door. He just blows air out his nose and walks over to the sofa.

I'm not having a man control me like this. I have to step in for myself. I go over to where he was sat and stood in front of him.

"Get out now or I'm calling Alex!" I yelled again but he had the same response and just laughed at what I said.

"Move" he said smoothly. I wasn't having any of this.

"No, you move your shit and get out" I said once more.

Instead of Ted getting up he pushed me and I fell over the coffee table backwards and hit my head against the floor. I instantly blacked out.