Chapter 2

Do I run after him or leave him to it? I know all of this is my fault so I should make sure he's okay. That's what I always used to do when he got in a mood with me. But this is far from just getting in a mood.

This is starting to turn into the bleep test running back and forth to each other's apartments. I don't care how much trouble or exercise I have to go to but I need to make sure me and Alex are still friends at the end of the day.

I walk over to his apartment not bothering to run because I'm already knackered. I open the door and see George, Alex's roommate, sat in the living room.

"Hey..." I start which makes him jump and turn his head to me. He sighs in relief. "Do you know where Alex is?" I ask walking over to the sofa he's sitting on.

"Nah, I heard you both arguing and then you went and Alex went. He hasn't come back though" George says. I turn around and pull on my hair. "Did you really kiss his brother?" He asks. I turn around and look at him. He does look like a nice guy.

"Yes but I didn't mean to." I say and walk back towards the front door. "I'll see you in a bit George" I smile. He waves and I close the door.

I get Alex's number on my phone and call him. I hated when he runs away from his problems.

Flash back to year 10

Me and Alex were playing a game of football. We were seeing who could get the most penalties and this last goal depended on who wins. It was 5-5 and if I get this in then I win but if not then we keep it as a draw.

I take a few steps back from the ball and run up to it kicking it in the top right corner. Poor Alex misses it and jumps for the complete different direction. I laugh and run around the pitch jumping and fist bumping the air.

I run up to Alex who was still on the floor and laughed in his face. "Haha I beat you sucker". He gets up and pushes me slightly, moving me a few steps backwards.

"You don't even play football. You can't win." He winged. I felt bad for him from the bottomed my heart. I just wanted to be the one who wins for once.

"I'm sorry Alex. At least one of us has skills" I joke. I always try and make him laugh but I guess what I say isn't funny to him.

Of course he walks off. I say walk he didn't, he ran. Faster then I've ever seen him run before to be honest. I felt really bad at this point so I ran after him. Yet again let me change that, I tried to run after him.

He ran out of my sight and I gave up. I just said one silly thing and he's gone off in a strop. It was cute when he got into these strops because the face he has on himself is just adorable.

I go back to his mums house and knock. I waited patiently until I heard footsteps coming up to the door and then it open slowly.

"Hey Bella. Alex is upstairs in a strop again" she smiles looking upstairs and opening the door wider for me to come in.

"Isn't he just the cutest when he gets into strops" I laugh and she agrees laughing along. I head up the stairs and stood outside of his bedroom for a second before opening the door.

There was Alex lying on the bed, face in his pillow. I sit on his bed next to him and stroke his hair. Still a mess from the first day I met him.

"I'm sorry Alex. You're amazing at football and I promise that" I say and lay down on my back next to him. He lifts his head up and turns it towards me.

"I hate you, you know?" He says under his breath and turns on his back as well.

"I love you too" I laugh. He shoves me laughing as well and we just lay there staring at the ceiling for a while.

————————

"Bella are you there? Hello?" Alex says down the phone. Shit how long have we been on call for.

"Alex where are you. I'm sorry I need to apologise. Can you meet me at mine?" I ask holding onto every piece of hope.

"I don't think I should. I don't think we should see each other again Bella." He says. I didn't know what to do or say. My mouth was just open and I was trying to speak but no words were coming out.

"I'm sorry Bella. It's for the best." I drop the phone onto the floor after he ends it. This can't be happening. One stupid fucking mistake I made turned into this.

I had to get him back. I don't care in what way I just want to be friends anymore. I know he won't trust me as much but I need him as much as he needs me. We were meant to be friends.