Chapter 8

Ahh shit. Of course I have a headache as soon as I wake up. I dare to open my eyes because the sun will just blind me.

I hardly remember anything last night. I know I beat Alex at that drinking contest and then we got into a taxi. Everything just turned to a blur half way through the ride when I closed my eyes.

I roll over to the other side of the bed and instantly fall off making me grunt in pain. Then came a very unique laugh sounding like George's. I open my eyes and realise I was sleeping on his sofa. He was just sat on his phone on the other sofa laughing at me.

"Why the fuck and I here?" I say in a croaky voice. All of that alcohol yesterday made my throat really dry.

"I couldn't be arsed to carry you to your apartment so I just dumped you here." He says and stands up to go over to the kitchen. He comes back shortly after with some ibuprofen and water. Life saver.

"Did I fall asleep?" I ask as I pop the tablets out and swallow them.

"Yeah, in the taxi on Alex's lap. He was too drunk to carry you so I had to." He says sitting back down where he was. I found the floor quite comfortable actually so I just rested my head on the coffee table.

"What's the time?" I ask George as he had his phone in his hand.

"3:23" he replies back. Ugh I can't just sit on George's and Alex's floor all day. I'll just go and annoy Alex instead.

I stand up slowly so I don't go dizzy and then make my way over to Alex's bedroom. I open the door and see him still asleep on his bed so I go over and lie next to him. I must have woken him up because he just grunts at me.

"Mmh to you too" I say looking up at the ceiling. Alex rubs his eyes and then looks at me.

"Why are you in my room and why did you wake me up?" He says with almost the same raspy voice I had.

"Because your bed is more comfortable then the sofa and you need to get to work." I say turning my body to look at him. He just looks away and pulls the covers over himself.

"I'm going back to sleep" he grumbles. God he's so lazy at times.

"Would you like me to edit for you?" I ask nicely. Maybe he just needs the help.

"No I've had enough of it, I'm going to bed" he says again and turns over. I really do hate when he's like this.

Flashback

It was pretty late. I don't know why I am still up to be honest. Do you ever just get bored and google prices for holidays even though you don't have the money for one. That's exactly what I'm doing now.

I had some boring movie on in the background and I was just sat on my bed with my laptop in front of me checking how much it would cost if I went to Disney world.

My phone then binged so I checked it and saw a notification from Instagram coming through.

@im_allexx is live now

I swear he goes live whenever he should be editing but can't be arsed. I click on the notification and listen to his voice. To be honest I wasn't really paying much attention to him, like I do anyways as he's always talking.

I continue searching for tickets and having Alex as background noise. It only came to my attention when he said "no I'm not okay" that I knew something was up. I looked away from my laptop and over to my phone and pick it up.

Alex looked quite distressed and pissed off. I turned up the volume to try and find out what was wrong with him.

"Just fucking YouTube man it pisses me off. And people telling me I can't be sad and to cheer up like yeah why didn't I think of that one. I almost smashed my laptop in because fucking premier pro wasn't fucking working like always. I just hate it. All of it."

I sit up straight and just wonder what I should do. I'll just go over to his flat and comfort him. I close down my laptop and put my trainers on then opened the front door and headed over to Alex's apartment.

When I got there I opened the door and walked in. It was quiet so I assumed George was editing or something like that. I head over to Alex's room and knocked on the door.

He sighed and then opened it. I suppose he ended the livestream as I made my way over. He gives a small smile but I just hugged him. I hated seeing him like this, I'll edit them videos if I have to.

"Hey what are you doing here? It's late" he says releasing the hug.

"You seemed like you needed a friend. Wanna watch movies and talk about it?" I ask bubbly. Alex's smile grows bigger and he nods. We both sat on his bed and talked about how he was feeling. I liked being there for him.

———————

I get up off Alex's bed and over to his desk. I already knew a fair few things about editing so I just did what I could and Alex could go over it again after when he has the motivation.

After I finished I turned around in the chair and there he was still asleep. Then an amazing idea comes to mind. Why don't I annoy him even more and wake him up.

I go over to his bathroom and fill up a cup with water and then back into Alex's room and chucked the water over his face. He jumped up quickly and started panting like he's drowning.

"See now you're up" I smirk to myself and he just looks at me with anger in his eyes.

"You're a fucking cunt and I hate you!" He raises his voice.

"That's a bad word Alex Elmslie" I gasp. He sits up and grabs my arm pulling me down onto the bed. Then he gets on top of me so I can't move.

"Cunt, cunt, cunty, cunt" he laughs and pushed me even further into the bed, then gets off me and walks to the kitchen. I really do hate that word.

A/N
I swear I only upload these at early hours in the morning. It's 4:30am and I've just finished writing this after 3 hours 😂. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. It's nothing much but hey ho.