Chapter 10

I managed to get a good day sleep but now I have work. Having to work 6 hours with loads of drunk people is exhausting. It's like working with a bunch of primary school kids.

It was now 2am. This is usually the time when people get kicked out of pubs because the pubs are closed and come here to get even more drunk.

But it also meant I only had to work 2 more hours then I was finished and could go home. It must had been a football night because there's a lot more people tonight then usual.

It felt like I was handing people drinks every second. Make one drink and then onto another person to make theirs. Sometimes I just want to quit there and then.

"You look tired" said this man who I just passed a drink to. He was dressed in a suit, he had dark brown hair that was styled and looked rich if you ask me.

"You can tell" I laugh slightly and clean the counter I was working on.

"Ted McClair" he said and held his hand out for me to shake which I return. I like this man, he seems different.

"Bella Oakley" I said back to him but getting called over by someone else. I quickly got them their drinks that they wanted and went back to this Ted guy.

"So how longs your shift?" He asks drinking his beer.

"Erm 2 hours ish." I said back. I didn't really know what this guy was up to. He didn't look drunk like all the other lads that tried to hit me up did.

"Couldn't you just flunk off and go home now?" He asks with a sort of grin on his face.

"What are you implying?" I ask back looking him in the eyes.

"Well maybe me and you could go back to yours and you know, if you're down." My feeling about men are all over the place at the moment. I can't tell if I like Alex or George or anyone.

I knew I was taking a big risk but to be honest we don't all think at times. I smile to Ted and then headed back to my manager who was sitting in his office.

"Hey um do you think it's okay if I call it a night? I think I might have some sort of food poisoning" I tell him trying my best to fake being sick.

"Really? On a busy night you come down with an illness. Of course I can't have you vomiting in peoples drinks. Take the week off to recover and then come back when you feel better." Oh well that went a lot easier then expected.

"Thank you so much" I said sort of grunting. I took my apron off and got my bag. I headed back out the doors and saw Ted waiting for me with a smile on his face.

He brought me out to his car. It was a sports car which looked amazing. He opened the door for me and I got in, him going around to the drivers side and getting in himself.

"Wait you've been drinking, you can't drive." I said to him.

"It was only one beer love. I know what I'm doing." He reassured me. I shrugged and sat back. I gave him the directions to my apartment complex and we got there also immediately in his car.

I lead him towards my apartment. I was wondering why he wanted to go back to mine but it didn't really bother me. This guy was nice. Nicer then most people I've been with. Maybe even nicer then Alex.

I open the door to my apartment and then we head over to the bedroom. I knew this was right just so I could get my head off of things. Even if it did mean faking being ill and risking my job.

—————— skip till the morning

"Hey gorgeous, would you like some breakfast?" I hear in a sort of whisper tone. I slowly open my eyes and smile thinking about what happened last night. I look at Ted and nod.

"Yes please, breakfast sounds nice" I replied. He got up and put his clothes on from yesterday and headed out of the room. I laid back in bed and smiled, all until now.

"Who the fuck are you?" The famous voice of Alex was heard from the living room. I roll my eyes and put on my robe.

"Who the fuck am I? Who the fuck are you?" Ted said back. I walked out of my bedroom and over to the living room. Alex took one look at me and then a disgusted face revealed.

"What are you doing here Alex?" I said a sort of mumble as I had literally just got out of bed.

"Well I was gonna see you but it looks like you're busy with something else" he said and picked up his hoodie walking towards the door.

"Alex wait!" I said and made my way over to him. "Just give us a minute" I smile over to Ted who just looked confused as hell.

Alex opens the door and we both walk out into the hall way. He didn't even make eye contact with me.

"Hey I'll come see you later okay" I smile hoping he'll say yes.

"Who even is he Bella? You just bring random guys over when you feel like it" he says resting against the wall.

"His names Ted. He's a lovely guy believe me. I don't want this to ruin our friendship okay"

"Ted" he chuckles to himself. "What a name". Alex turns around and walks off down the corridor.

Flashback

I've been going out with this guy for 2 months now. Relationships in year 9 never usually last this long so I'm surprised.

Tony is one of the popular kids however Alex hated him and he hated Alex. You couldn't even catch them in the same room as each other. I hated this because my boyfriend and best friend couldn't even be next to each other.

I always have lunch with Alex and then after we would go and play football on the pitch by ourselves because no one would let me play with them.

We picked a really good day to play because it was boiling hot. I took off my blazer and Alex did the same and then we both started kicking the ball at each other.

"Who ever does the least keepie uppies gets red arsed." I said and picked up the ball.

"You're so getting this ball kicked up your arse" Alex says and then laughs at what he says. I swear we both just have dirty minds.

I kicked up the ball but I could keep hearing Alex sniggering and it put me off. I only got 8 thanks to him. He picks up the ball and usually he's shit at keepie uppies but he managed to make 10.

"Impressive" I say.

"I beat you bitch get over there." He laughs mocking me. I walk over to the fence of the football pitch and bend over.

Alex kicks the ball and it hits me straight on the arse. Yet again he usually missed at this as well but today he must be on a roll.

"What the fuck dude!" I heard from the other side of the pitch. Of course it was my boyfriend Tony. I stretch my legs and walk back to Alex.

"Why the fuck would you kick a ball at a girl you piece of shit" Tony says getting closer to Alex and I. He looked really pissed but when does he not when he sees me hanging around with Alex.

"Bro we were just playing" Alex says and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Don't fucking touch her, you tosser." Tony says and pushes Alex down onto the ground and then getting on top of him.

Tony makes one swing at Alex before I had to intervene. I used my football foot and kicked Tony as hard as I could in the ribs making him fall onto the ground next to Alex.

"Don't fucking call my best friend a tosser, you tosser" I spat. By now there was a massive crowd gathering around us three. I held my arm out for Alex to grab which he does and I pull him up next to me.

"Oi you three to the principles office immediately." A teacher said. I grabs Alex's arm and threw it around my shoulder helping him back into school while Tony was still on the floor holding his ribs.

No matter what I will always protect my best friend. Forever and always.