Chapter 4

"OH MY FUCKING GOD ALEX!" I shout chasing him around the kitchen, knife in hand. I watch his face as he figures out which way he should run.

Alex darts out of the kitchen and into the living room but I trap him in a corner so he can't go anywhere. He just looks at me with fear in his eyes but also with a grin on his face.

"Is this what you wanted?" He says and shoves my last piece of pizza in his mouth. I gasp and hold the butter knife tight in my hand.

"How dare you! You don't even like the hot and spicy!" I say as he laughs with a mouth full of my pizza.

"I know but the look on your face was priceless" he continues to laugh and takes a step closer towards me. Considering what happened yesterday with the kiss I froze up a bit.

He came closer to me and looked down at the knife, slowly taking it out of my hand. Oh yeah I forgot I was holding that. Alex then walks away like nothing happened and sits on the sofa.

I sit down on the other side of the sofa and watch some stupid cartoon with him. "What's the matter with you?" Alex says out of the blue. I look over at him with an angry face.

"You stole my pizza" I whisper and then fake a frown making him laugh.

"It wasn't that nice actually. You can have it back in a few hours" He says which just makes me pull a face.

"You're disgusting I hope you know that" I say moving away from him.

"I'm the disgusting one? Remember what happened 2 years ago at that beach with the jellyfish;"

Flashback

Alex a few friends and I are in north Wales for a week holiday. I don't know why they wanted to go all the way to Porthmadog but it was actually a nice place I suppose.

I ran up to the sea as we decided to go to the beach today. I didn't go very far in, just until the bottom of my shorts were touching the water. I look out towards the sun and relax my body.

All of a sudden I feel a shock in my leg. Of course I'll be the one getting stung by a jellyfish. My "ow's" we're getting louder by each one as I made my way towards my friends who were sunbathing.

"Guys I think I've just been stung by a jellyfish" I cry out but also laugh to myself as this was obviously a thing I would do. Alex and my friend Gee come over and help me sit down.

"What do we do?" Alex asked as I read the worry in his face.

"Piss on it?" I suggest but everyone just laughs. I mean that's something I could do to stop the pain right?

"Erm vinegar I'm pretty sure that helps" George says.

"And you brought vinegar with you did you?" Will asks with a hint of sarcasm.

"No but we can get some from the shop. It's only down the road I'm pretty sure they'll sell it." George says back. Will nods and they both stand up and head over to the shop.

I look over at Alex who inspects the sting and then over at Gee who shakes her head with a smile on her face.

"Only you could be capable of this" she laughs which makes me laugh.

"You're very much right there. Anyways I need a wee. I'll be back in a bit" I say and stand up trying to hobble on one leg to ease the pain.

"Let me help you" Alex says as he puts my arm around his shoulder. Gee does the same with the other arm and we head over to the bathrooms.

As we were basically next to a campsite the toilets also had showers in them. Alex and Gee stand outside so I lock the door and go into the shower.

I mean surely piss is gonna help with the sting isn't it? It can't be that much worse than vinegar.

A few seconds after I finished pissing on my leg I turns into more pain. I begin to wince in pain loud enough for Alex and Gee to hear.

"Bella are you okay?" Alex shouts knocking on the door.

"I'm fine" I wince and open the door, hobbling more then I was before.

"What did you do?" Gee asks looking down at my leg.

"I pissed on it to make the pain go away" I chuckle which makes Alex roll his eyes.

"You are actually disgusting. You're such a bell end bella" he says which makes me and Gee both laugh.

"Bella the bell end, nice name" Gee laughs as they help me back over to where we were sat.

———————

"And I stick to my word today, you still are a bell end" Alex smiles not taking his eyes off the tv.

"I agree." George says coming out of his room and over to the kitchen. I just hold my hand to my chest and pretend like I was just shot.

"Rude much" I laugh.

"Its rude that you didn't save me a slice of pizza" George says coming back out of the kitchen. Alex just laughs as I get angry again.

"I would have if someone didn't eat the last slice" I say and kick Alex in the leg.

"Anyways shouldn't you be getting to work?" George says looking at his phone.

Oh shit I completely forgot about that I had a job. I stand up and make my way over to the door. "Bye guys see you never" I joke.

"Good" they both say as I close the door. What great friends I have.