Chapter 7

We get to the club and Alex and I immediately head straight to the bar. I definitely know I'm going to win this one. He'll get kicked out way before he's even wasted.

"Shots?" He asks over the loud music. "Or are you too scared?" He says after which makes me really want to beat him now.

"Shots!" I shout and Alex orders the shots.

"You two are a bunch of nut jobs." Gee laughs. She was right 100% but sometimes you got to have a bit of fun.

The bar tender passes us over the shots of vodka and me and Alex pick one up each and so does everyone else. We all clink the shot glasses together and then down it, pulling faces shortly after.

We then ordered a drink each. Alex and I got a vodka coke while everyone else got beers. We went over to the dance floor and started dancing.

When I tell you Alex is the worst dancer in the world, believe me. I love it how he just dances like no ones watching. I went over and danced with the girls, well we didn't really dance we just talked in the corner.

The three girls pretty much had all to drink for tonight but not me. I had to win this competition if it was the last thing I do tonight. I go over to Alex who was still dancing with Will and James while George was recording them.

"More drinks? Or can't you handle that?" I say to him which makes him smile.

"Oh you know I can handle a lot more then you" he says back.

Flashback

Tonight is my very first college party. I am quite scared but Alex is far beyond excited. Maybe this was his first experience of adulthood.

I've got a fair few friends in college. More then I did in secondary school to be honest. Alex and I were really lucky to have gotten into the same college. He could have gone anyway and so could I but some how we managed to stick together.

Anyways enough about college Alex and I got a taxi to this kids house it was being hosted at. I think Alex has some relations to him and knows him so that's how we got invited.

As soon as we got out of the taxi we looked at the house in front of us. It was a fairly large house in a fairly good neighbourhood which meant there would be fairly good drinks.

We both headed inside and looked around at everyone. It was like on a tv program when all the kids go off their heads and trash the whole place. It was enjoyable to watch people piss around.

"Drinks?" Alex asks and I nod. We both made our way to the kitchen and poured ourselves a drink inside of the classic red cups. Then we tipped them back quickly and it was disgusting. I've only ever had like WKD and wine before today so whatever I drank was much stronger.

A while later and a few drinks later I was absolutely wasted. Alex was just laughing at what state I was in. I danced all around the house until I must of shaken my body too much.

You know like the coke and mento challenge, that's practically what has just happened. I threw up all over this poor kids carpet. I am in a state and I made myself laugh a bit.

I eventually got kicked out of the house and Alex came out to help me. He wasn't sober, he just handled the drinks better then me. We both walked home laughing with our arms around each other.

——————

Thinking back to that night was really funny. I felt horrendous the following morning but the look on that guys face when I threw up all over his carpet.

Unfortunately for Alex, I've had a lot more practice since then. We went up to the bar with everyone else because they wanted to watch how the competition was going.

We asked the bar tender for a few shots and waited for them. "You're so going down!" Alex says.

"No you are! I'm a changed woman!" I say back. The bar tender brings over the drinks. I look at Alex with devil eyes and down the first one quickly without pulling a face.

"Impressive" George says and high fives me. Alex picks up a cup and downs it as well but slightly pulls a face.

"I'm calling it now, if Bella wins then she some how cheated." He says as I grab another cup.

"You're scared to admit that I'm always going to be better then you." I laugh and wait until he picks up his cup. We both down them at the same time but the drink seemed a bit more stronger than I had imagined.

"Maybe this was a bad idea" Aria says making everyone else nod apart from Alex and I.

"We need a champion" Alex says and drinks down another shot which I do shortly after. "How you feeling after that one Bella?" He asks with a smile on his face.

"Perfect, what about you?" I smile back at him. His smile fades away as he thought I wouldn't have made it this far. I pick up another shot and take it. I've no clue how many I'm on now but it's hitting me and it's hitting me hard.

Alex looks at the next one in his hand as a grin grows on my face. He quickly downs it and then waves his hands indicating he wants to stop.

"What's wrong Elmslie? Given up have you?" I say in a taunting voice.

"Yes fine you win" he says. Suddenly everyone cheers apart from Alex. I always win at competitions some how and it's funny watching Alex lose.

"Now let's get home." Will says which we all agree to. As much fun drinking was, the dancing and taking them was tiring.

We all ordered different Ubers as most of us live in different apartment complexes. I got into a taxi with George and Alex who was still stroppy.

"You know I'm going to tease you about this for the rest of you life" I laugh.

"I only stopped so you wouldn't drink anymore" he says back in his defence.

"Yeah right, you would have done anything to see Bella throw up" George says from the front. I laugh and agree with George and then lie down on Alex's lap.

"Congrats on winning" he smiles down at me.

"Congrats at losing loser" I say back and look into his eyes. As much as I wanted to kiss him in my drunken state, I knew I couldn't do that again. To save our friendship.