Chapter 10: Just Another Day?

"Now on Vestan News, we are coming to you live from the Lucan-Azure Estate. Inside there is the party for Lady Layla Azure's 21st birthday. Sources say that her invitations for the Council Selection have been sent out this morning." The voice rang through a small television set as a group of five people sat around listening to the endless announcements of the same story being played for the whole day.

As they all closely watched the scene before them, they began to speak over the announcement.

"Can you all imagine the kind of party that's being hosted tonight?" Xander spoke first, nudging the girl next to him. "I wish I could just be there with all the nobles!"

Iza nudged back, pushing harder than he did. "You party enough in this house. How about staying at home for once?"

Mimicking a higher toned voice, trying to sound as posh as he could, Xander jumped from his spot on the couch. "A party with the nobility is different! They are lavishly over done. Just imagine, sweeping a noble girl off her feet."

He twirled and landed on his knees in front of another male next to him.

Adam feeling the presence of another, "He's got a point. Their parties are different."

The person next to him scoffed at the thought. Kite grabbed the closest snack in the bowl between them, offering the bowl to Adam as well. He shook the bowl to let Adam know there's something in front.

"It's another noble's birthday. I don't see why it's a big deal." He retorts.

A younger teenager also reached for the bowl of snacks, "Xander is making it a big deal. He's been reading too many fairytale stories." Vance snickers as he thoroughly enjoyed his selected snack.

Looking as offended as possible, Xander turns to the younger boy, "Hey! That's no way to treat your big brother! I help you with your homework!"

"Barely." Iza, Adam, Kite, and Vance yelled out together in unison towards Xander.

Xander flailed himself back onto the couch, "You four are the worst siblings. Where does this attitude come from?"

Vance picked up and pushed the bowl of snacks towards Xander and Iza. "It's from dealing with you, but can't choose your siblings. So you stuck with the four of us."

"Vance, don't you have practice at the academy tomorrow? It's almost time for you to be in bed. You'll be too tired to go, if you don't sleep soon." Iza took the bowl and placed it in Xander's lap.

Kite faced Iza, pointing to the direction of boxes behind their couch. "I'll take Vance there. I have to deliver these boxes to the headmaster. He ordered another round of boxes full of materials from us."

Xander dramatically rolled his eyes, "Responsible Kite. The best child in this house."

Kite shook his head, "Someone has to be mature here."

The door next to the boxes swung open, three people entered the house.

"We are back!" Solice yelled into the open room, flinging around an envelope in her hands. Two men behind her followed, one heading straight for the kitchen next to the group watching the news on their television.

"Dad! They are picking on me!" Xander rushed to the side of the man, putting on his best innocent face.

Solice walked towards the couch, placing her hands on her hips. "Settle down, kids. We heard you all from outside. You five are always like this. I have news you'll actually want to hear, instead of the TV."

Everyone turned their attention to her, allowing her to continue. "We got an invite to the Lucan-Azure Estate. They are requesting for me or to send two representatives from our store's business."