CHAPTER 6 - REVIVED

One day life asked death, 'Why do people love me and hate you?'

Death replied smiling, ' Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth.'  They say right,' one has to die in order to give life, but the greatest loss is not death, it's what dies within us. They say to be the best version of yourself so that when you die, they all remember.' 

Great leaders or freedom fighters, don't die so that they can be remembered once they are gone, they sacrifice their lives so that their next generations live their life at its best and value their land and legacy. They must remember that the land which gives them food, shelter, air to breathe, beauty to watch and adore and that is the source of all life and life forms must be protected when the time comes and this is how we pay the price of all resources it provides us. The tribes earlier have sacrificed their lives in order to protect this land, its resources, and people. My ancestors sacrificed and now it was my turn. 'Alessandro doesn't die, the protectors die, but when the time comes Alessandro too must die.' 

After Stephanie and Sirena told me everything I sat beside the cemented podium, thinking, analyzing, perhaps, grieving. I was upset about the way this all worked, I thumped on the podium and a locket fell from the top of the podium into my laps. I stood up and looked at the book, though it had the mark to clarify that the locket must have detached from the book and fell down, yet I assumed. I looked at Sirena and Stephanie and they were smiling as if they were adoring me. I was annoyed and asked Stephanie rudely, ' How can you even live? You told me you loved Francis, you knew he would die and you would live forever no matter what. You never loved him you just wanted to be immortal...' I paused and then added, 'How can you be Francis's grandmother, Sirena, you were present at the time of Dia as well, yeah you did Muerte but how come you were Francis's.......I don't believe you guys......'

They both were still smiling and Sirena very politely said, ' Eabha, I  know it's hard to accept but it is the way it is... Stephanie told you everything, I know her from the Kingdom of Dia. She never wanted to be like this, she was snatched from her family at a very young age, transformed into a vampire, and forced to follow evil but it's not them who decide it's us who decide what to choose and what to follow. She has always been with what is right for us, our tribes, and people. She too has sacrificed a century after Dia and a century after Francis alone and without her children. A situation is something that you can't change but only accept. If you ask me, It just happened I fell in love with Arthur and I gave birth to Francis's Dad Victor. It was the first I thought my life was in peace. I have seen fights, deaths, all my life and for the first time, I experienced a normal life with him. ..... you are no one to say anything to her she has sacrificed her children's love..... and has been there behind the gate with Francis's memories and in that damn forest too for over a century....'

' Sirena it's okay.. let her say... see, Eabha we all make sacrifices at our levels... the day before the battle I gave birth to my second baby and didn't even get a chance to hold..... my darling girl in my hands and I didn't even....... see the face of my elder son Danieal before coming here in the dungeon to perform that ritual.' Stephanie said Sobbing.

I hated myself for saying this to her out of rage. I sighed and said, ' I am really sorry to tear you apart again .... but I ..... (gasps).' Stephanie wiped her tears and stepped forward and kept her hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer and hugged me and said, 'you're just like my younger sister, Ariha and it's totally fine,.....I know it's hard.'

'you had a sister?'

'yeah, I had one when I was alive.....(gasps). It's been centuries and some memories....have wiped out'

'Come on now.. you'll make me cry... I have cried enough already. Eabha just remember, 'life goes on' It can be because of anything. Things are not always under your control, but yeah if you are God or demigod it can be, Period.'  Sirena came running and hugged us.