Chapter 3: Strange encounter.

{Doctor's POV}

I stood outside of Rhodes Island out in the open. The main plaza of R.I looks like a big platform of a Navy Carrier. We did have smaller deploy able vehicles and helicopters, but nothing too fancy. It was really hot, we were in the middle of a desert If it got any hotter, I would probably melt alive here. I sighed.

"Damn...this trip is taking way too damn long..." I said to myself. I took a shower just this morning, And I'm already starting to smell like the Devil's nut sack.

"Doctor, There you are, I've been looking for you." I turned around to see Amiya, she was carrying a little bag with her, she pulled out a bottle of water and gave it to me.

"You should start drinking more water, Doctor, You're always telling everyone to stay hydrated, but you're not doing a very good job of Following your own advice." 

"Thanks... Hey, do you know when we might get to Lungmen?" I asked.

"Hmm...In a few days maybe, we're going standard speed, if we hit it on Emergency speed, the engines will catch fire, especially in this hot weather." She said.

"Alright, sweet. I don't like the desert, We got attacked five times in the last five hours by sand dwellers."

"I don't like the desert any more than you do, Doktah. If I could teleport us there, I would."

I looked up ahead, and I saw two figures out in the distance.

"Yo, Amiya, Silver Daddy Is driving Mobile City, Right?" 

"SilverAsh? yes..."

"I see something or someone up ahead, tell him to stop, if they're dead, we might be able to loot the bodies. Certain sand dwellers carry valuable items."

"Okay," Amiya hurried off to carry on the message. I looked again. it didn't look like they were very far. I wonder what they had."

                                                                                         *******

it took some time for Rhodes Island to come to a complete stop. A small group of Operators and I went to investigate. we repelled down the side using ropes. I was about 20 feet up from the ground, I looked down.

"Hmm...doesn't seem far, sand seems soft enough...hm, oh well." I let go and fell the rest of the way down. when I landed, I sunk into the sand up to my waist.

"Oh shit, I'm stuck, hey lend a doctor a hand."

Closure, Amiya, Echo, and  Adnachiel landed.

"Doctor that was stupid, you could have broken a leg!" Amiya and Echo helped pull me out.

"Okie dokie! Everyone pretend that didn't happen, now lets see what we have here."

We Approached the battered bodies, as we got closer I noticed some familiar faces. It seemed Amiya reconized them as well.... they were both Reunion members...

It was Talulah and W.

Blood and disturbances in the sand indicate that a fight took place. there was also multiple other footprints in the sand, so Obviously the two didn't duke it out. Talulah had cuts all over her, and she had a small wound on her head, and her shoulders. looks like she was shot. W was laying on her side. her outfit was ripped, she had several cuts, knife wounds it looked like, and it looks like someone shot her leg. both were...very dead looking. I walked up to W.

I gave her a light Kick on the shoulder.

"Doctah!" Amiya exclaimed.

"What?"

"Don't do that!"

"Why, They're dead obviously-" I felt something grab my ankle.

"Woah! shit! she moved!" I jumped back, W groaned and rolled on her back, one of her eyes opened partways. Amiya and Echo rushed to her.

"She's alive....well, barely hanging on by a thread." Said echo.

"Hey, guys, Talulah has a pulse, a very weak one though. Said Adnachiel.

"Doctor, What do we do?" Echo looked to me.

"Um...you guy want to help them?"

Everyone looked at each other.

"Both of these guys caused a lot of trouble for us." 

I looked around. Nothing in sight but sand. we were in the middle of absolutely nowhere with over 107 degree heat.

"But they're suffering...They'll die if we leave them."

I begaan to wonder how the hell they got here in the first place. I sighed, I guess my sympathy got the best of me. Amiya did have a Point though. 

"Alright...we'll take them in. Echo, call in a rescue group..."

I turned around.

Well, Think of it as hiring some new operators...I could use W and Talulah's Destructive powers.