Chapter 17: Another patient

{Ansel}

Another day in the hospital wing. Good news was...It was empty. No injured or ill Operators was always something to be proud of. As a medical Professional it was my specialty to help each and every one of my patients alongside my fellow medics. I walked up and down the medical closet with my check board Making sure everything was stocked.

"ANSEL!!!" I heard someone shouting my name.

 "Hm?" must be urgent if they're yelling.

I hurried up into the lobby and found Adnachiel, Melantha, Cardigan and Red. They must have gotten back from their Patroll.

"Whats the Ma-" I looked at the girl Adnachiel was carrying. She was all scratched up, soaking wet, and her leg was skewered. 

"Oh cr.... bring her over!" I didn't hesitate for a second. I led the three to an empty hospital room.

"Gavial! Warfarin! We have one!" I called out to my friends down the hallway. Adnachiel set the girl down on the bed. She was out cold and her wound was bleeding through.

"Damn...we need Warfarin to mend that." I said, taking off the items that were being used as bandages.

"You can't do it?" Adnachiel asked. 

"No, I heal using medicine...I'm a chemist. Warfarin can speed heal using her Arts."

I looked at the bloody bandage It was saturated but I could see the Reunion symbol on it. This was previously a Armband.

I looked at her, then at the coat Red held.

"She's With the Reunion?" I asked

"She said she ran away. Plus, the Reunion has a tendency to kill it's own employees when they do something wrong, and judging by her condition, she looks like she had a rough one." Adnachiel explained.

Warfarin strolled in.

'Yes?" she saw the girl on the bed.

"Oh my...What have we here?" She walked over. She touched the girl's wound then licked the blood off her finger.

"Hm...I taste traces of oil and steel...seems like she was cut by some sort of buzzsaw and chain saw. She has Type A blood. and the taste is very weak. she doesn't have much left. Lets stop this blood loss."

Warfarin's hands hovered over the wound. a red aura surrounded her hands and a white mist circled around the girl's leg. slowly and gradually, the wound mended itself and dissappeared, as if someone hit a rewind button.

"There...all better. now we need to pump her up with Type A artificial blood..."

'Yeah...about that...we're fresh out." I mentioned.

"That is...unfortunate...her heart will fail on her soon if she continues with insufficient blood in her system."

"...I have Type A blood...Is it possible for me to give her some of mine?"

"That is possible...I assume you know the risk?"

"Yes."

"Okay... I will get the items ready then"

{Timeskip after the transfusion}

I felt slightly dizzy after giving the girl some of my blood. I had to sit down a bit.

"Ugh...man...Does she have enough Warfarin?" I asked.

Warfarin observed the monitors and scratched her chin

"Yes...She is finally stable. Now I need to get her cleaned up here. She is quite filthy."

Warfarin had a extra set of clothes she was willing to lend the girl. She carefully got her out of the dirty torn up clothes she had and examined her body for other wounds. When she found no other wounds she proceeded to give her a sponge bath While I focused on not vomiting. The others left a while ago.

"She  was under quite a bit of stress, which only means she nearly escaped death. She must have been walking quite a distance while injured. She must be very strong." 

I looked up "Yeah I noticed she looked sick, even in an unconscious state. I she..."

"Infected? no... I tested her...She's as healthy as can be."

Warfarin continued to carefully clean the mud and dirt from the girl. "Hm....What a lovely body she has."

"Ughh. damn..phew"

'Deeep breaths Ansel, and if you must throw up, please use that bucket next to you. Miss Talulah was kind enough to mop all the floors."

Did she already come to clean the floors? Hm...must have been while I was on my break.   

"I'm...going to lay down for a bit, is she going to be okay?"

Warfarin nodded. "She is in good hands, go rest Ansel."

"Cool, cool." I left to go lay down on the hospital bed next door. damn i felt dizzy. I did transfusions before, This wasn't the first time, nor will I think it would be the last.