Chapter 4.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE 

"And this is our room" Shiro smiled as he opened a wooden door before stepping inside, waling to the window on the opposite wall to the door as Pidge stepped inside with her bag. 

"What that door" Pidge asked as she pointed to another wooden door on the wall to the right of them as they entered. It was in the middle of the wall joining to the path that led between the two beds.

"That is our private bathroom, I normally keep the door closed by the window open becuase it can get rather hot in there but our room is easy to get cold. The window gives us chills if the door left open" Shiro explained, walking over and opened the door to let her see inside. 

"Private bathroom .. wow" Pidge muttered in surprised and Shiro chuckled.

"All knights rooms are paired as two, each knights room as their own private bathroom joined to their room. Since the castle toilets and baths apart from the royals ones are on the other side of the castle. After a long duty of knight work or harsh battle, it just to far for the knights .. so each room has their own bathroom" Shiro replied and Pidge nodded her head slightly looking inside.

A wooden seat over the square concrete that had a hole dirty under the wooden seat, clearly leading to the sewers. A wooden create big enough for a bath was pushed on the opposite end with a small thin window on the end wall. A towel been nailed over the window but keeping a tiny rectangle part of the window uncovered to let the sun light shin threw and keep the air breezing around. Directly in front of the door was a tiny stone sink with a single pipe popping out as the tap that clearly got the water from the river behind the castle. A similar rusty pipe was hanging over the edge of the wooden bath and Pidge wondered how they warmed up the water, after all you only got cold water from the drinking water sewers, the wells give cold water making everyone heat up the water themselves before pouring it in the tub. The bathroom was thin and small but it was ok enough to do its needed job. It was a good bathroom for knights to use when living unknown hours and unsteady duties.  A wooden cabinet was under the stone sink and Pidge guessed it held the needed toilet supplies, she notice a drawer above the cabinet doors.

Pidge glanced out from the bathroom and looked to the room, the entrance to the room was a single wooden door in the corner at the end of one of the beds pushed against the wall. A wooden chair was at the end of the unused bed and Pidge guessed it was to stop the door from slamming the door if pushed open to harsh. Their was a decent gap between the two beds, a desk was placed between them earning the path to be desk sized. Shiro bed was pushed to the other side of the wall, the window at the end of the bed leaving a empty corner where a chest has been placed, mostly likely for the knights amours. Boxes under both beds make Pidge guess that where they put personal belongs like clothes and more. A single photo frame on the desk edge closest to Shiro bed and it had a drawing of a mother with her son, both smiling as bright as they could, almost laughing. A single small clock on the middle of the desk with papers and pencils neatly on the back of the desk. The room was small but cosy.

"We have cold baths" Pidge asked stepping back and closing the door to the bathroom, turning to Shiro who was sat on his bed.

"Not unless you enjoy cold baths, the pipe to the sink is cold water only but the pipe to the bath is warm water. The castle heats up water during the day and night to keep the water tank to all bathing pipes warm for use straight away. Its risky becuase sometimes the water still comes out cold if the fires only just been relit or it can come out boiling making you wait for it too cool" Shiro explained as he looked to Pidge before chuckling at the sparkle in her eyes.