Chapter 10.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

"Hey Shiro" Pidge called out from where she stood in the river that ran at the edge of the town near the castle. Saving a child who fell in after trying to reach his ball that rolled off the edge of the deep tall slope that seemed more like a cliff from in the river. 

"Yeah" Shiro asked as he walked over to the edge, kneeling down and offering his hand to her since it was a steep slope at this part of the river, a more flat area was further down where children would normally play or swim. 

"I quit" Pidge huffed as she reached her arm up, grabbing Shiro hand and jumping a little to help him pull her up. 

A slight grunt leaving Shiro arms as he yanked her up, using his other hand to help him grip her wet belt and fully pull her up before either of their grips slipped by the water. Hunk taking the young boy back to town with Lance carrying the young boy ball, looking for his parents, thankfully the boy was alive and safe due to Pidge jumping in straight away when she noticed the boy fall over as they walked past. Keith stood back, with a couple frighten young girls who was playing with the little boy and shaken up from thinking he was going to die. 

"I might allow you after that, don't scare me like that again" Shiro huffed out as he laid back on the grass, Pidge collapsing beside him since it happened so fast.

One minute they were walking over after a couple of elderly from town told them about some children playing near the dangerous part of the river, asking the knights to ask them to return. An easy request and then all of a sudden Pidge was running towards the edge, jumping in full armoured as the two young girls cried. Shiro and Keith rushing over seeing Pidge grabbing the boy and holding him up to them before throwing the ball up. Thankfully the river only came to Pidge hips but she still got soaked due to water leaking inside her armour. 

"Sorry but I moved without thinking, I knew the water wasn't deep but falling into that part where its mostly water under the river, he could have gotten badly hurt" Pidge mumbled as she closed her eyes a little, catching her breath and calming down.

"I know, you did a great job. You were a true hero and a true knight" Shiro smiled proudly, sitting up and ruffling Pidge hair, her hair and head seeming to be the only dry part of her now. 

"Thanks, now lets get those girls back" Pidge smiled and Shiro nodded before they stood up walking over to a panicked Keith who wasn't sure how to deal with crying girls that seemed no more the seven. 

Thankful Shiro was able to step in, letting the girls swing on his armoured arms as he walked while Pidge and Keith followed silently behind. Both seeming warned out, one saving a boy life and the other dealing with crying seven years old. Shiro felt like just going to bed as his heart was still beating like mad after seeing Pidge suddenly jump.  

They soon reached the town again, the two girls running off home before the knights said a word. They all glanced to each other before taking a quick breath and turning as Hunk and Lance called out. The boy returned with his mother and the five went back walking around town.

Well, they tried but most of them couldn't keep a straight face as Pidge made a squashing sound every time she took a step. Water was clearly in her boots and amour, the soggy sound she was making was just making the others try their best not to laugh.