Chapter 12.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Side Note...

Matthew is twenty years old, I was going threw a past chapter and noticed I put him as twenty five by mistake. I corrected the chapter making him twenty, since he and Lotor the same age and have a three year gap to Pidge. I just wanted to let you all know in case you all thought he was twenty five over the mistake, he twenty, lotor is twenty and Pidge is seventeen.

"First time to a royal ball" Shiro asked as he came to a stop beside Pidge, a glass of wine in his hand since the knights were allowed a single glass of wine for the night and water for the rest. 

"Not really, this one just not as busy as I remembered balls to be" Pidge muttered as she sipped her wine glass that was filled with water, leaving her single of glass of wine for later.

"Normally they are but we only invited the lords or ladies that live close to the castle. Those who live within just under two hours of carriage travel since they be the towns the Princess, Prince and Lord would visit while we here. Its a way for them to greet those with money nearby and gain friendships. A real ball in the kingdom would have all lords and ladies from all over the kingdom, the inns in the town down the path would be filled with those who live far from the castle" Shiro explained as he glanced around the small hall that was being used instead of the main ball room since only twenty guests were inside. Well including the two kings, the two prince's, matt and the knights in the guest list. 

"I see, so these are all from the three towns close by. I don't remember seeing any when we patrol the main castle town just down the ten minute path" Pidge mumbled as she glanced away while Shiro sipped his wine. 

"Becuase they not from the town, the town close by is lord and lady free, no mansions are built so close to the castle. Just the town that a ten minute walk away and all who live in it is the peasants. Its their town and their town alone with no real power taking their money they earn. Its the only town we kept that way but its because the royal brothers of this kingdom has always snuck into that town and bought anything and everything from the town. Sneaking baked treats and enjoying how the people ran the town as one and when a problem came around they worked together to fix it unless the king or prince's were needed to help" Shiro replied with a soft smile, glancing to one of the candle holders and watching the small flame dance as people passed it. 

"That rather nice, I always enjoyed living in the town with Thace. He took me in like I was his own son and even his son Antok treated me like a brother. The town had so much life within it and love filled the air without making one choke from it. It was so peaceful and free, a place anyone could feel safe in" Pidge smiled sweetly and Shiro nodded in agreement. 

"The blacksmith is a good man, he a great man. Its a shame his wife died during childbirth but he still brought his son up with love and never once hated him. I hear Antok even has a lover now" Shiro smiled and Pidge nodded not sure if she should spill that Anton lover was a guy. 

"He happy" Pidge replied instead, keeping Antok love life a secrete for now.

"And you, Are you happy" Shiro asked as he glanced to her noticing her turn to him surprised.

"I am, for once in my life I really found someone to belong" Pidge smiled warmly, her eyes soft and honest as she looked to Shiro who smiled. 

"I'm glad" Shiro admitted and Pidge gave a small nod.