Chapter 1

"YOU FREAK, WE DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU AND YOU REPAY US BY BACK TALKING." Vernon said while still kicking Harry with his leg that resembles an elephant's leg.

     "I-I'm sssssorry" Harry sobbed out. Even though he has no reason to be sorry for. What he said was asking if he had to stay outside for the night. Vernon got pissed and started beating him. Saying he was back talking.

     "SHUT THE HELL UP FREAK" Vernon yells while stuffing harry back in his small broom closet of a room. "DO NOT USE YOUR POWERS TO GET OUT. STAY IN HERE TILL I GET YOU OUT" and with that said he slammed the door and left Harry sobbing on the floor as he tried not to move his probably broken arm and ribs.

#you should have fought back# Acarus hisses out. Mad that his master (even though Harry says plenty of times he is not his master) will just lay there and take the beating as if he was filth. Acarus stares sadly at the broken little boy and remembers the day they met.

FLASHBACK

     Harry was tending to the pots of flowers in the house when Petunia ran inside screaming her head off.

     "A SNAKE. A SNAKE A BIG ONE ALMOST GOT ME IN MY GARDEN. VERNON KILL IT" Petunia screams. Vernon says nothing for a minute before getting a big fat smirk that sends shivers down Harry's spine as he looks at him. Harry knows something bad is about to happen and he doesnt know how scared he should be. Then vernon stares right into Harry's eyes with a bone chilling smile.

     "Oh freak. I think someone needs to go outside maybe get bitten or extremely hurt. That can be your punishment for making Tuni do her own work" Veron said smiling maliciously. Before pushing Harry out the door and locking him outside. Harry wants to bang on the door but he doesnt want a worse punishment.

     #Sssstupid humans. Trying to kill all these plantssss and almossst deafening me with a ssscreech louder than a banshee# a small but not a baby snake hisses. Harry turns around shocked. Was he hearing things?

     #wh-who isssss that# harry said. Unaware he was speaking to the snake in it's own language. The snake turns around shocked and makes a sound like a squealing hiss that he will never admit to this day.

     #A SSSPEAKER. I THOUGHT IT WAS JUSSSST A RUMOR# the snake says and harry stares in shock, #i thought it wassss a joke sssaid by my nessstmatesss when I wasss young. Oh my basssilisssssk# he says squeal hissing excitedly. (Which again he will not admit to this day). Harry stares in shock looking at this sort of big snake. Before slowly getting closer.

     #I am sssspeaking parsssseltongue I guessss. I heard of it. Only ssssalazar Sssslytherin could ssspeak it I thought. How am I talking to you# Harry hisses after figuring out he was speaking the language Ron was telling him was evil. He doesnt know what to tell Ron later. The snake perks up more if that's possible and grins a little.

     #oh sssspeaker. A desssscendant of Ssssalazar or the other sssspeakers mate can ssspeak this language# the snake hisses. Harry absorbed this information like Hermione does with her books.

     #do you know what I am?# Harry hisses back. The snake seems to think for a moment. Before a lightbulb seems to go off.

     #It does not look like you are a dessscendant. I think you are hissss mate speaker# the snake hisses. 'This speaker. I wonder if he will allow me to be his familiar' he thinks before saying outloud #ssspeaker. Can I be your familiar. I'll help you however you want me too# harry thinks for a moment. This snake doesnt seem to be lying and seems genuinely excited that he found a speaker. Harry makes a decision.

     #sssure but thiss isss mutual partnerssship. You can do what you want. Pleasse tell me firsst though. We will both help eachother. Not just you help me# harry hisses out. The snake stares shocked. Like hes never heard such things were possible. Before he slithers up Harry's arm and loosely around his neck. Like a hug.

     #thank you massster. I will not disssappoint you. Do not worry I will be the besssst ssssnake I can be for you# The snake hisses proudly. He knows he can do this.

     #hey do not call me massster my name is Harry. But I have to asssk I do not know what kind of sssnake you are. And may I ask for your name as well as your breed# Harry hisses. The snake looks at him shocked. He never thought humans were this nice. Or maybe it's just Harry.

     #I am a Gaboon Viper Massster. And my name is for my Masster to decide. Thank you for being so nice# The snake who is about to be named said. Harry shakes his head.

     #Firsst of all I sssaid not to call me Massster# the snake giggles which is like a hiss fit. #hmm about the name how do you think offfff... Tarix... Acarus.. or venenom that's Latin for Poison# Harry hisses and the snake thinks for a minute. He doesnt like Tarix that much. So that's out. He thinks for  moment more before deciding.

     #poissson even if it'sss in a weird language ssseemsss too much. I'd rather people find out when I bite them if I'm poisssonousss# if snakes could grin this snake would be looking like a Cheshire cat. #I like the name Acarusss thank you masster. I feel it isss perfect for me. We will be the perfect ssset. I can feel it# The snake now named Acarus states. Harry looks proudly at this little snake. Harry feels like very soon he is going to be proud of this snake.

     #Itsss a deal Acarusss I cant wait to start this journey with you# Harry says as he starts laughing at jokes Acarus says or stories. Acarus is happy. This speaker is really listening to his stories. Even lame. And as he hears the fat man yell and his master stiffen. He knows he needs to protect his... friend.

FLASHBACK END

     Acarus smiles a little at all the memories they shared but looks back to his Master. Seeing his broken little body is hurting him. He needs to protect this boy his master with all his being. So he proposes something.

     #Massster. The other sssspeaker. You know who he isss. Get help from him. Pleasse I cant take you getting hurt anymore. I know he wont hurt you or I will take it upon myself to get help or kill thessse nasty human whales and stick# Acarus hisses lightly. He really cant take this. This boy who has given him everything he wants. Heat food and someone to talk to for the hell of it. He hears Harry whimper 

     #he wantsss to kill me Acarusss. I'm the only one who can hurt him. He wantsss to kill me. I'm fine. I'm okay..# Harry whimpers out to him. Acarus feels his heart break but he keeps at it. He can feel his masters mate will help him.

     #Pleasse Harry. He wont. I'll tell him everything I'll bite him if he even thinksss of hurting you. I need you to be ok. Jusst owl him before itsss too late# Acarus hisses lightly and quieter. Harry whimpers as he turns his head and looks at Acarus. He can see how much this is hurting his familiar. And he can see the truth in his eyes.

     Harry slowly gets up. It hurts like hell but he knows how much it means to Acarus. He can see Acarus will protect him no matter the cost. He feels some things pop. Acarus feels his heart break. But watches Harry slowly get up and move to the quill, ink, and paper. Harry stares down unsure what to write. But he gets a small idea

     Dear, Tom Riddle, The dark lord, Lord Voldemort

I know this is strange to hear from me of all people. But I need help. The Muggles I live with. They are going to go to far. My snake can explain everything if you come here. I feel I will fall unconscious soon. My snake. A Gaboon Viper. Will tell you anything you want to know. Please just help me. I wouldnt have done this if I really didnt need to. I feel you know this.

Signed
Harry Potter

     Harry looks at the letter one last time before looking at Hedwig. His snowy white owl and says "Tom Riddle. Lord Voldemort. The Dark Lord. Please"

     The little owl looks at him sadly. He knows her master is hurt. He needs this and she will give it to him. She will help his as best as possible. She looks at the open window slowly. Flaps lightly. And hoots even if he cant understand her words. She knows he knows what she said. As she flew off to where the Dark Lord is staying.

'I love you harry' was Hedwigs thought as she flew as fast as she could to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.