Chapter 1: The Godfather

Good Morning Nicolette." I heard the infamous Tony Stark, call out formally as I waltzed into his garage with today's morning report. Tony laid out beneath a new orange Mclaren, which was semi odd for the location because, normally, he reserved this particular garage for the work on one of his classic cars. Nevertheless, I didn't bother questioning his methods.
"Good Morning Mr. Stark." I addressed his formality with my sophisticated greeting. I quickly opened up his schedule on my iPad so I could decipher his events for the weekend.

"Niki, How many times do I have to tell you not to call me Mr. Stark." He rose up from under the car with a wrench in his hands and disgruntled look on his face, as he scratched the back of his neck. He seemed rather puzzled with the apparatus and, personally, it was kind of humorous.

"Sorry, Daaaaad," I exclaimed in exaggeration and chuckled at his expression.

"Not your father, try again." He quipped and waved the wrench in front of my face.

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Uncle Stark."

"Again with the Stark thing." He exclaimed lightly as he grabbed a different tool. "Why are we being so formal?" He inquired before maneuvering back under the car.

"Uncle Tony." I retorted blankly. In my mind, I was pleading he'd except it so we could make actual progress today but I had I feeling I wouldn't get so lucky.

"You are so warm right now like you almost nailed." He called out my underneath the vehicle. I let my arms and shoulders sagged as I moaned in frustration.
"What else is there?!" I groaned as I crossed my arms over my chest and began impatiently tapping my heel.

"Let's try this. What about Tony? You know? No Stark: No Uncle. I'm not your uncle; I'm your Godfather."

"I could just call you godfather."

"That's good too but do it in a New York-ish, mafia accent."

"Okay. As cool as that sounds." I sarcastically replied while rolling my eyes, "I can't just be Marlon Brando."

"You can be anything you want to be, as long as you put in hard work, stay in school, all that important overly-repeated, parental jazz."

I scoffed, "Yeah, I'm 23 now Tony. Way past the high school years and parental sermons, especially considering the fact I graduated at 15 with high honors."

"Very true," He added with a small clap as he re-emerged from beneath the car, "but still motivational."

"Not really." I shook my head and tried redirecting his attention to the schedule I had compiled for him but it failed. Tony was flightier than valley-girl. Lot of intellect for someone who could be so inconceivably ADHD.

"Yes, really." He continued on with his self-acknowledgment and praise. " You know what jot that down as my little parenting quote for the day. OK soooooo, Class dismissed." He waved his hand at me frivolously and went over to analyze some blueprints on the car. He still couldn't seem the fix whatever was wrong

"Wonderful speech professor." I crossed my arms over my chest once more and shot him an irritated scowl.

"I'm sorry." He turned back to face me, "I'm loving our chat but why did you come down here?"

I exhaled in frustration and rolled my eyes. "Your morning schedule Tony. The same thing I bring to you every day at this time. I would have reminded you of it to tell if you gave me a chance instead of derailing the conversation as usual. My words were slightly huffed and snippy but I was bored of this same routine. He only did it to make me mad.

"Proceed." He spoke casually and gestured for me to start my presentation. I sighed and shook my head slightly before beginning,
"You have a business meeting this weekend."