Chapter 7: Cabana

The Cabana was very glorious and the luau definitely met its meaning. The whole environment was very bright and tropical and, of course, everyone was dressed for the occasion. Khaki colored shorts and frivolous Hawaiian shirts. Girls in, tight, patterned bikinis. Not much progress would be made this afternoon it was two festive. I was surprised when Barry actually showed up to this, primarily, because of Olivers previous encounter with him. I was sure Barry was banned permanently but somehow he managed to slip in. He brought his usual charisma and energy, which left Oliver feeling unnerved a majority of the afternoon. I slipped into a short lavender jumper with my suit underneath. My hair left to flow in its natural waves, and it was all accessorized with beige sandals and cat-eye sunglasses.
"Comfortable?" I heard a voice inquire from beside the beach chair I was lounging in. Glancing up from my magazine, I observed Barry in his, elaborate, swim trunks; fully decked in red and orange flames.
"Nice shorts." I smirked casually and went back to my reading.
"Thank You." He replied with a confident grin.
"Now are you going to have fun or be a stiff all afternoon."
"You said yourself Barry, I'm quite comfortable." I gave a bright grin as a lounged further back in my seat.
"Eh, go sit on a log." He mumbled as he went to dive in.
"I think I'll stick with the beach chair." I called to him and charged towards the edge of the pool.
After a few moments of peace and quiet, I decided that wanted a drink. I made my way over to the bar and stuck with some basic lemonade. When my thirst was quenched, I made my way back over to my chair where I partook in some people watching. The only individual I didn't seem to observe was Barry. He typically wasn't hard to spot, his neon orange shorts gave him away almost immediately. I gazed about for him more and, reluctantly, came upon a familiar site.
Oliver, flirting. It made me feel sick the way he plastered on the charm like wet cement. They fell for too, they all did. At least the ones that weren't already swooning over him. I rolled my eyes as the two, platinum blondes, giggling and blushing over his every word and smile. Nauseated by their pathetic display, I pushed my sunglasses up the bridge of my nose and laid back in the chair. The beating heat of the sun radiated down on me. Scents of sunscreen, aloe, and arrays of tropical flowers filled the atmosphere. I soaked in the heat, being careful not to burn my fair pink skin, and absorbed every smell. Slowly, I drifted off into a state of peace and it was perfect; but sadly it was short lived. My utopian trance was suspended by a sharp, cold, splash and an eruption of laughter. I flung my body up out of the chair and came in eye contact with a beaming Barry Allen.

"Что такое!"(What the!) my natural, and barely used, Russian heritage erupting from me. "Barry Allen. I am going to murder you!" I snipped as I sat, drenched in chlorine.
"Bet." Barry smirked with his arms crossed.
He wanted to challenge me. Very well, I accepted and planned on killing him in the process. I eyed him coldly and firmly before standing up. I chucked my glasses to the seat of my chair and slipped of my sandals. From that point I slipped out of my jumper. Letting each arm slide out. Slowly, the sleeves fell to my waist and from that point I slipped it off my hips. I wasn't aware of how sultry my, stripping down, had appeared until a few pairs of eyes were held on me; particularly Olivers hazel ones. Barrys mouth fell slightly open when my suit was revealed and I could tell he was contemplating his decision of splashing me. I took a steps back before running and taking a swan dive into the cool water. I landed right behind where he was standing and continued swimming about, refusing to let my body rise to the surface. With a quick hoist I sprang out of the water, my hands landing firmly on Barrys shoulders and with know hesitation I shoved him under. A few chuckles arose from around us and I was proud of my accomplishment. Barry bounced back in no time, springing back up from under the water. He shook his head a few times.

"That's what you get." I chuckled as he smacked the sides of his head, attempting to get the water out of his ears.
"I suppose I deserved that."
"Наиболее определенно." (Most Definitely) I approved while poking him in the chest.
"Okay okay truce." He added his hands raised in the air.
"And enough with the Russian know one ever knows what your saying."
"That's the point." I chuckled. "I'm going to get another drink."
"I think I'll join you." Barry called after me as I made my way to the steps. As I ascended the stairs, it wasn't long before Olivers gaze caught my eye. I tried to ignore it. I leaned forward on the bar, ignoring the fact he was seated behind me. His eyes burning a direct hole in the back of my head. Suddenly, a quite whistle broke me from my thoughts. My head quickly snapped to left, of course it was Barry. I rolled my eyes.