Chapter 19: Shielded

I didn't know what kind of Hellish ride I was in for but, personally, having to face the sight of him at all was torture enough. I've received enough backhanded beatings in my life to know when to toughen up. The abuse didn't torture or frighten me but I was never overly fond of the idea of being someone capture. Of being caged.

Chloe POV ~Flashback to the Warehouse
"We're approaching the site." Oliver commend into Watchtower, while I brought up scans of the abandon building. May and Niki were in position. Clark knew about the Kryptonite traps aligning the front of the building. Surely enough Clark fell woozy and it was up to Oliver to get inside himself. I equipped Oliver and Clark both with body cams so I could get a better analysis of the "area" and see the kind of "enemy" we were dealing with.
The truth was to make sure things didn't back fire while the plan was emotion.
Oliver made his way towards a side entrance but discovered it to be blocked. It was around then that things headed south. As Clark had maneuvered away from the Kryptonite and com and bodycam died. Just static.
"Clark?" I questioned curiously before becoming more anxious.
"Clark come in. Oliver do you have visuals on Clark." There was a slight delay in response.
"No." I heard Oliver exhale for a moment. "I don't know where he went off to Chloe but the Kryptonite seemed pretty strong. He's probably keeping clear until he recovers."
I didn't respond at first, "Right." I agreed all while poorly hiding my apprehension.  I
shook my head back and forth and bit my lip hard. The more I chewed on it the more red flags I saw waving around me. Something was off here. I did an outward scan of the area. Nothing. Nothing. And then.....Oh no.
"Oliver get out of there." I called quickly through the com.
"What?" I heard the intertwining of shock and confusion. "I'm not leaving without Niki, Chloe."
"Oliver someone is out there, okay, someone is coming. Clarks camera is down he's not responding, Axe the plan and yourself out of there!" The line was silent for a second and then static. I frantically brought up both cameras. Clarks was still gone and I got to catch a glimpse of what came before Olivers was taken out as well. Two men invaded the roof where Oliver had maneuvered. One was older with light eyes and full tactical gear. The other had dark eyes, black hair, a slim frame and was decked in a full shade of black. He...he was the one that took down Clark, took out Oliver. God only knows what he'd do next. What was he here for? Who was he?
"Watchtower."
"Yes."
"Call Phil Coulson"
This needed answers.
________________________________
"Who the hell was that?" Oliver called at as he and Clark came into WatchTower. Both were awake and well, thankfully, just bruises and bumps despite would could have resulted.
"I have no clue." I sighed quickly.
"Where's Niki?" Oliver went immediately stone faced and Clark looked solemn. I was about to speak again when a voice rang from across the room.
"Gone." A humble voice called out, It was Agent Coulson. Right on time.
Upon the assigning of this plan, Niki gave me Coulson's contact info, not specifically for this encounter, but in case I ever needed aid from a higher up. I'm awfully glad she did.
"She's been kidnapped." Another voice added on to Coulson's. Agent May, who thankfully wasn't injured.
"Again." Oliver mumbled under his breath and Coulson gave him a puzzled look. I bit my lip as I knew the truth was going to unveil itself. Oliver eyed him suspiciously and Coulson shook his head before displaying the captors on a large pop-up screen.

"No, Just once Mr. Queen. By these men." I could confirm the faces as the ones I saw through Ollies camera. Each of us were able to confirm they were on scene and had taken Niki. Question was why and for what purpose?
"Who are you?" Oliver inquired exchanging a glance between the screen and the two Agents.
"I'm Agent Coulson, this is Agent May, we work with SHIELD."
"SHIELD as in Nicholas Fury?" Clark inquired curiously.
"SHIELD as in multiple opperatives." Coulson added the profile of our own Niki popped up on the screen. Olivers eyes widened.
"Did you know about this?" The question and his heated eyes were immediately directed at me. I swallowed deeply and gave a slow nod. His gaze then turned towards Clark.
"She told Clark and I at the same time ." I chimed in when his eyes were off me. His gaze then realigned to the screen and I could see the cogs turning in his mind.
"You said she'd only be taken once." He stated to Coulson with a furrowed brow. Coulson, with a light smile gave a long glance my direction before confirming Olivers statement.
"The scene you saw, prior to the companies arrival, was staged." Olivers mouth went agape. Clarks eyes struck the floor and I felt my pulse begin to beat erratically.
"It was what!" Oliver shouted towards me when he saw Coulson's eyes land on me once more. His body became tense as the words started fumbling from my mouth.