Chapter 21: Entrapment

Weapons. That's what Ward and Garrett stole from SHIELD, from Fury. Wards voice echoed through my passing in and out of consciousness. I also factored that they planned to barter and sell these weapons to various crime lords, unifying together a team to invade and destroy SHIELD. I seemed to be just one piece of the puzzle; bait. In order to get SHIELD off guard they needed something to focus on, my kidnapping was the perfect distraction sense I was a valued Agent and asset. I must confess their plan was well thorough but not flawless. I knew they'd falter at some point. There were more than tactical teams out hunting for me. My hope is just that Ollie and the gang wouldn't get found out and trapped while searching for me. It was all a matter of time but backup was coming for me.
________________________________
I finally awoke to the motion of a bumpy car ride and my head resting against Wards shoulder. My eyes still felt heavy and the consistent ringing in my ears only made me dizzy and more exhausted. I could feel the car starting to slow down and I attempted to push myself away from Ward but my arms and torso felt like lead. My body was stiff and my muscles cramping. Garret and Ward got out immediately and I quickly noticed we arrived in, Chicago. How the hell did we end up here?! My eyes struggled too stay open as I forced myself upright in the seat, suddenly the passenger door flew open and Garrett jerked me by the arm. I immediately felt onto the pavement and looked up the flashing lights all around us. It was evening time, and we arrived at some five-star hotel called the Langham.
"I hope your contact arrives Garret otherwise this deal maybe a bust." Ward stated dully as we walked towards a distant alley, a few blocks away from the hotel. While coming across a black Sudan, Garrett immediately approached it and conversed with some individual inside but I couldn't make out their face or gender.
I stood wearily as we waited on Garrett to conclude. Every fiber in me ached, my hair felt slightly greased, my lips parched and cracks, not to mention that I was starving but too nauseous to even contemplate food. A wave of increased fatigue swept over me and I felt myself starting to lean slightly backwards. Wards was standing right beside so all I did was lean into his grasp. He immediately wrapped an arm around my waist and brought me closer towards him.
"How long have been traveling?" I inquired queasy and held my hands up to his chest in order to stabilize myself.
"Three days." He replied firmly.
Just then Garrett turned towards us and gave a nod followed by a devilish smile. The next thing I knew we were respected guests at the Langham hotel.
My body slowly croaked in pain as I awoke from a deep slumber upon a velvet couch. I sat up immediately but not before wincing at the heist of my movements. A familiar voice called out from the side of the room.
"I was wondering when you'd be awake?" Ward smiled slyly from his seat in the corner of the luxurious suit. He appeared to have showered, shaved, and dressed in a dress shirt with slacks.
"Perhaps if would've been sooner if you all hadn't electrocuted or drugged me so many time." My expression changed from a scowl to surprise when I realized I could hear the tone of my own voice again. The ringing was still present but much more manageable in intensity.
"Yes, I lowered the frequency on your hearing restraint. A privilege you can maintain if you learn to behave yourself."
"I am not a wild animal that you can lock in a cage!" I shouted boldly as I could but it wasn't very much as I found myself stumbling onto the ground. I never felt so physically weak.
"Your dehydrated and starving. I'd do my best not to over exert the remainder of your energy." He smiled smugly before coming to my side and aiding me to a chair and table. The table was aligned with an enormity of food and beverages.
"I expect you to eat." He added on firmly while fixing the cuffs on his sleeves. "Make yourself presentable as well. You and I have a special meeting to attend to tonight."
"What makes you think I'm going anywhere with you!" I scowled darkly but I already knew the answer. If it wasn't volts through my body it be this damn piece in my ear. I had a headache enough as it was and didn't know how much more voltage my actually body could withstand before I'd be paralyzed; though I speculated where Ward would ever take things that far.
"I'll also entrust that you won't leave this room until I return for you." He gave me a warning look but I turned my face from him. He took ahold of my chin and tilted up towards him so I'd be forced to look in his eyes.
"Things are only as complicated as you make them Anastasia."
"And what if I don't obey." I gritted bitterly.
"Then you'll face more consequences." His eyes switched from calm to irritated immediately after I spoke.
"I'm not scared of you, you leech. I know  your not going to kill me. It's obvious that you want me alive. Your not going to a do a damn thing more than you need to because you want me whole. You can't afford to have me broken into pieces."
His face turned more cold and harsh as I continued to spew venom but I didn't care.
"I'm not afraid of your consequences Grant. I'm not afraid to see hell."
"We'll see about that won't we." He smiled once more and attempted to kiss me but I jerked my face away from his grasp.
He chuckled slightly before making his way to the front door of the suit.
"All things unravel in time, gorgeous." He muttered out one last statement while shutting the door behind. I was glad he was gone. I didn't hesitate to eat immediately after he left.
I grabbed handfuls of fruit, rolls and whatever else I could snag from the platter before me. As I gazed about the suit I noticed an outfit placed out for me. A slim fitting black dress and tall heels to match; typical but I didn't have other options available.
I stripped out off my old attire and drew a hot bath inside the marble tub. I added some of the complimentary bath features and oils. The water was soothing against my skin and hair. Though it was odd not to be able to hear the water pouring in, as I could still only depict painful ringing. I rested my head against the glossed rim however my solitude was abruptly diminished by Garretts bombarding.
Hey yelled something at me that I could decipher only as an order or threat.
I shot him a scowl before leaning back in the tub, beneath the perfumed bubbles.
He sneered at me and a sudden pain shot up through my ear and neck. I cried out as my nails dug into the sides of my skull. I felt something fall into the water and the next thing I knew my hearing was restored.
As blood dripped down my cheek I, sadly, could hear the boom of Garretts threats.
"I said get out! Or I'll pull you out."
I looked at him a moment hatefully and looked about the room for some soft or robe or towel but there was none near me. The closest covering was hung next to the vanity across from where I was soaking. He smirked a moment before raising his gun up at me.
"Get out." He slyly grinned. My face fell cold as I stood up from the tub slowly and made my way over to the vanity where the robe had hung.
"Not so fast." He sneered as he took a couple of steps towards.
"Oh, to hell you and these games Garrett!" I huffed and immediately on threw on the robe. I whipped around to face him, once I was covered, and made my way towards the door. He blocked me with his raised pistol.
"Now what if I wanted to stay where you were?" He inquired while moving his face closer to mine.
"I'd tell you shove it, you sick bastard. Now get the hell out of my way."
He immediately gripped ahold of my upper arm and sneered.
"You know sometimes your more trouble than your damn well worth, but there are ways we can make up for that." He sneered once more as he attempted to kiss but I jerked away immediately and smacked him across the face.
He returned the hit but harder than I the one I produced. I fell to the ground and he lunged for my throat. Picking me up with one hand on my neck and and the other around my waist
"You better behave yourself tonight." He warned with a glare.
"If this deal falls through it's on S.H.I.E.L.D.S head! Not just yours."
"I'll kill you if you touch."
"You'll do what I tell you from now on, if you want them to remain breathing."
"I'm not scared of what you'll do to me."
"Oh, you should be darling. You're underneath my authority now and I ain't like Ward. I won't be running to your rescue."
With that he released my throat and I fell immediately to the floor. He picked me up by my arm and drug me back in to the main room.
"Get dressed." He shouted whilst shoving me towards the bed.
"Why!" I snapped out bitterly as he walked to the door. "Why do you even need me?!"
"Because we got deals to make darling and I'm prepared to offer up whatever's necessary, to make them go through."
My mouth went slightly agape.
"You can't do that."
"I don't think your in a position to negotiate. You belong to us now sweetheart."
I wondered if he was bluffing in the moment. He wasn't going to trade me because they need me to attract SHIELD.
"I'm not a transaction." I spoke boldly as I glared at him.
"Then convince me otherwise." He smiled brightly as he approached me. I turned my face away from his.
"I'm not in that kind of work. Not for or anyone else."
He chuckled lowly before replying,
"We'll see about that."
With that he marched out of the room and slammed the door behind him.
"Do you hear me Garrett?!" I hollered out to him. "I'll have no part of it!"
I didn't know why I bothered objecting as they still had the upper hand but I needed to hold as much ground as I possibly could; though if Garrett was going to be calling all the shots, I had a feeling I wasn't going to make it very far.
I stripped myself from the room and put on the dressy and skimpy attire. I need to start using things around me to my advantage. If I was expected to put on a show, then it needed to be a good one. If what Garrett said was true and Ward still had a thing for me, then I needed to milk that as much as possible; and what was it with these guys trying to get with me!
I needed out now but I wasn't going to break in to them. Oh, how I hated the idea of being near him but right now, it was a choice. Between a demon or Satan himself and I'd rather choose the weaker option.