Chapter 15: Warden

I don't know how long I was out for, where I was taken too, or how far away it was. I didn't know what happened to May or Chloe, Oliver or Clark but I knew who did it. As God as my witness, I knew who did it. I knew from blackness in his heart, the skulk of his demeanor and the chill in his voice. A tone that sent shards up my ice long ago. The type of cold that could only be executed from a steel dagger as its injected into someones spin. I swore the next time I saw this backstabber, I'd kill him! And as soon as I get out of these bindings I plan too!

"Snake!" I shouted as the hood was removed from head and I met the sly smirk of the notorious Grant Ward. A traitor to Me, Coulson, Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. I was still on the job when we found out Ward was a HYDRA supporter; one of the reasons, also, why I went to do solo tasks. Fury worked with me personally and professionally. I couldn't trust people after the damage he brought to our team, my home and life.
He gave a smug smile and ran his thumb across my jawline. I jerked my chin away from his touch.
"Why so tense Anastasia?"
"Don't call me that." I snapped back quickly, "You are never allowed to call me that. My is Niki not Anastasia."
"So it would seem." He replied slowly as his eyes gaze fell over my features and his face hovered, uncomfortably, close to mine.
I tried to squirm out of the bindings but I was no longer bound by rope. I was in zip ties, tight ones.
And now that I realized it, that was the only bindings I had. My legs and torso were free to move about. I was sitting on top of a metal desk in a petite concrete room with a large iron door at the front of it. An isolation room perhaps? Possibly a prison? I didn't recall any abandoned ones on Chloes maps but, again, I didn't know how far we traveled.   
I remained seated on the desk as Ward circled around it eyeing me up and down.
"I have missed you Stacy." He coaxed with a silver tongue. His words filled me up disgust and rage.
"Your a lying bastard." I sneered and spat on the ground next to him. He gave a small smile,
"Oh but I haven't always been to you, have I?" He took a few steps closer as he spoke.
"I remember a time when you were rather fond me."
"You meant nothing to me!" I spat once more.
"Hmmm. I recall it differently. I can remember a few nights where it was....quite the opposite."

"I have no idea as to what referencing too." I lied, stone faced. I knew exactly what he meant but those memories were blocked long ago and carved out of my mind forever. I wasn't going to sit here and play his psychological game.
He smiled a little wider this time.
"Allow me to remind you then." Before I could utter another threat this mouth was top of mine. He grasped at my waist and held me close towards him as he continued to kiss me longer and deeper. I never returned the act and forcefully held my hands against his chest, in attempt, shove him away but it failed. I then remembered the lack of bindings around my legs. I squirmed up one of my booted heels up from within in his grasp and managed a firm blow to his gut. He quickly was jolted back before letting out a slight groan. I took aim again incase he re-approached me.
This time it would be much harder and I wouldn't be aiming for his stomach. His face went from discomfort and back to that slithering smile. He continued smiling for a moment before backhanding me across my left cheek.
"You think your smart, dont you?" He questioned with a, surprisingly, calm expression.
"Smarter than y-." Before I could conclude  my smart-ass reply, I felt a sudden volt of shock and pain from deep with in my back and neck. I winced but my voice produced no sound, as it attempted to make a desperate cry. My mouth and neck stiffened along with the rest of my body. My back arched as the pain within it grew sharp and deeper. I felt my pulse sputter and skip as my lungs heaved in and out before clamping shut. I couldn't breathe. No matter how much I tried to gasp. After a few moments the pain was gone and my nerves began to cry from beneath my skin. My head immediately dropped and my back slumped over as I heaved in a few shaky breathes. I tried to slow my shivering in order to hide the pain that was radiating within my muscles.
My fingers twitched and shook from within their captivity; I could see slight lines of red around my wrists from where the zip-ties were burning through my skin.
"Cooperation is key here Anastasia." He stated my coldly and swiftly jerked my chin towards him as he continued speaking.
"And don't think your life is the only one of the line."

"What did you do to May, you bastard?" I gritted from within his clenched hand.
"Enough." He affirmed with a smile and I felt deep anger swelling within.
"You deranged lunatic, what did you do to her?!"

"Enough to send a message."
I could tell he was getting board of me. He pulled out a pair of steel ankled bindings and secured them around my legs. He then jerked the zip-ties tighter and I gritted my teeth hard as the plastic whittled and pinched away at my flesh.
"Now," He began while leaning forward and looking into my eyes, "This is going to hurt."
The next thing I knew electrical surges were radiating from within my right leg and him, deeper and sharper than before. I felt it in my bones this time as if someone was trying to saw away at my femur and shin. I cried out louder as the pain made my body heave to the floor. Landing on that side, only made the pain sharper and I could feel tears forming in my eyes as the went from agony to aching discomfort. I looked up for a second and saw him hover a remote above my face.
"Marvelous contraption really." He acknowledged while gesturing towards the remote.
"Who knew deep influence that electrical surges can have on the human body and nervous system. And, mind you, when harnessed properly can be used to target singular and specific parts of the body....and mind."
He moved his figure over to a different button on the remote, "But I think we'll save that one for another time."
He stuck the remote in the pocket of his leather jacket and turned towards the iron door.
"What do you want from me?" I questioned slowly as I attempted to raise my shivering body from the flow.
"Like I said Stacy it's all about cooperation." He punched in something on his phone and knocked on the door three times as he finished speaking.
"But what do you want from us?" My thoughts began turning to all the horrible things he could have done to May. If he found out about Clark, Oliver and Chloe as well. Were they they're when he arrived? Did Coulson know about any of this? He was supposed to be standing by and would receive word from May when we concluded the mission. What about Fury, did he know by now what we had done and that Ward was running ramped? So many questions. So many answers and I'm stuck in a cell doing nothing. Helpless was a feeling I never experienced before and I surely wasn't going to let it sink in now.

"Control." Ward spoke with confidence. "And control always starts with submission." The door quickly slammed behind him, right as I began to charge towards it. I banged on the metal, despite the wincing pain within my leg and wrists.
"Don't worry beautiful. You'll have some company soon enough." I heard his maniacal voice call through the cemented cell.
Fear flashed through my body. I wanted to scream, yell, curse, fight but none of it would do me any good. Not from here. I had to wait. I needed to think, to plan. I needed the right moment to get out and finish this. Finish him. Once and for all.