Chapter 12: Gamblers

This was it. The night of our transaction and, by God's grace, the night we'd put Russo Cavanaugh behind bars.
The moment of our transaction was completed we'd call in Fury's team that was standing by and SHIELD would gather the intel they needed about all the locations and individuals involved. This was going to be a huge bust. Oliver and I made our way into the Casino hall, my arm locked inside of his. The cocktail dress I wore drew much attention when I entered the hall. It's glittering fabric radiated streaks of silver every-time the light touched it. The incredibly low and back and a plunging V-neckline were alluring also. I wasn't , personally, one for stuff of such glitter or sensuality but whatever was needed to keep the guys distracted I had to partake it.
"All set to go." Oliver whispered quietly to me with an arm wrapped around my waist.
"This isn't my first job  here pleather boy. The question is, Are you ready?"
This wasn't, for once, a banter between the two of us but just more playful teasing. I'd grown excited the closer we came to completing this mission because of its severity and not to mention the fact that afterwards, I'd finally get to return home.
He chuckled slyly . "Aren't I always?"
I rolled my eyes quickly as we approached our targets.
"Oliver." Russo greeted with a slight grin.
"Anastasia." He grinned deeper and kissed both my cheeks. I saw Oliver was slightly tense over Russos prodding.
I did wish drop his hero complex for a second and focus on the job. His ego could get our cover blown if he wasn't careful and the last thing I needed right now is a testosterone battle between him and some other male. I've had about enough of that.
"Do you have the supplies?"Olivers words interrupted as he carefully pulled me back towards him.
"Straight to business tonight aren't we Queen?" Russo inquired with a raised brow.
"On the contrary. I'm very pleased with our transaction and unity."
"Then let us have a toast."
"Splendid idea." I added on quickly and with that we all summoned for some glasses of champagne.
"A toast." Russo began, "To a new transaction and unity." Russos gaze had, fully, landed on me when the term "unity" was spoken which made me extremely unnerved. The only thing I planned on unifying myself with was my plane ride home after this.
До свидания (goodbye) Russo and goodbye Oliver. I missed Pepper and Tony deeply but I'd be with them soon enough.
________________________________
Sipping champagne made Russo more light hearted that evening and, to our advantage, easily distracted. He, also, however was equally becoming more physical. His eyes were fixated on my the whole evening. As time went on, he took more opportunities to me. Brushes against my leg were most common and I was more uncomfortable and fed up.
"The transaction." I inquired about it this time because I was ready to leave. I hoped that a smile and his own blatant attraction to me would encourage the process.
"Oh yes. Look at me. I have almost forgot why we are here. My men have the supplies in the back room and I assume you have your share."
"Of course." Ollie charmed a smile and with that Russo led us to a back room where the supplies were.
We brought with us our share, money, that was tagged with GPS tracking in the case. It was supposed to lead Fury's right to them.
Once we entered into the back room Russo was surrounded by four guards; who presented the case of weaponry. Both standard and chemical. Oliver presented our carton of cash. 2 Million.
"Every dollar accounted for. All unmarked." Oliver opened the case the case confidently and revealed the large sum of cash. Russo nodded as he examined the case nonchalantly, his mind appeared to drift elsewhere.
"Just a second Oliver." Russo inclined as Ollie made an approach towards the weaponry. Oliver raised a brow and I felt my shoulders turn stiff.
"There's been a slight change to our terms of agreement. I'm afraid I require a tad more before I am willing to turn over such powerful weaponry."
"How much more do you need?"
"Oh I assure you. I require no more amount of funding. This item I desire is simply for more personal enjoyment."
His eyes landed on me and suddenly four glocks landed on Oliver. I gasped slightly as two of the guards approached me; each grasping ahold of one of arms as they carried me towards Russo.
"We never agreed to this Russo!" Oliver immediately shouted but didn't dare move a muscle.
"Of course not but terms can change."
"We had an arrangement." Oliver spat as the two other guards grabbed him.
"Yes and now I've up the odds. I've grown quite fond of this pretty face here."
He smiled and attempted to stroke my cheek but I turned my head away quickly.
"We now, have a new deal-."
"That's what you think." I sneered from behind Russo and quickly removed a blade that was hidden in the heel off my stilettos. I jammed it into the foot of the guard on my left and laid a swift kick in the face to the one on my right. Ollie began using his own talents to take out the guards who apprehended him. The fight resulted with a few unconscious lumps and  pierced sides, due to my accounted blades. One would be impressed by how many a girl could hide in a skimpy cocktail dress.
Ending the evening, we apprehended the weaponry, reported the case to Fury and left the rest up to the local authorities and SHIELD. Russo would be going away permanently and I was officially a free woman.
As we made our way to the hotel room, I rolled my eyes from exhaustion and let down my hair upon entry. I could sense Olivers gaze burning into the back of my neck.
"You can stop gawking at me now the case is done." I sarcastically, nipped. The most irritating element of this whole venture had been the testosterone play between Oliver and multiple individuals we encountered. Oh, how I couldn't wait to leave for home.
He scoffed, humorously at my comment before coming to help unclasp the necklace I had worn. I fidgeted with it, myself, continuously but nothing resolved in it opening.
"I could have gotten it." I stated dryly, ignoring the expression of admiration on his face.
"Would it kill you to say thank you, just once."
"Most likely." I snipped back lightly and turned to put away my heels and gather the rest of my things but he blocked my entry. He held the same look in his eyes and expression upon his face as before. The look is hard to describe but one I never enjoyed. It held contemplation, observation, attraction, admiration and more.
"Thank you." I added on with a quick sigh and proceeded to my way into the closet.

"You know, you can't deny that you didn't have some fun tonight." Ollie called out to me as I gathered up my suitcase and belongings.
"What makes you think I did?"
"Your smile."
I re-emerged from the room and immediately placed one hand on my hip and shot him a skeptical glance before grabbing my things and tossing them onto the bed so I could pack them.
"It's been a while since I've seen you smile like that."
"I do it for the job. Russo is a sleeze and now he's going to jail."
"Or maybe you just actually had a good time with me for once. Admit it. You had fun out there today."
He beamed his usual pearly white smile.
I rolled my eyes and placed my hands on my hips. "Having you, nearly, schmooze away entire DAYS of progress,  isnt my idea of a good time. It's undoing everything Fury had worked to set up. This job was supposed to be in and out."
"This job was about finding intel and it was in and out." He added on more sternly.
"It was about apprehending criminals!" I raised my voice a bit louder."
"They didn't need the intel until later. It could have gone my quicker without the added sleazing."
"Look we did the successfully."
"Yes, and with little aid from you." Was the little cold snip I added on to grind in my point.
"You think you could have do this better alone?" He inquired with a slight snort.
"Oh, I know I could have."
He nodded quickly, "And what would've happened if you got caught?"
I rolled my eyes immediately and ignored his question. I didn't feel like getting into anything right now I was supposed to be enjoying my blissful packing but he felt the need to continue.
"If I hadn't been there tonight, Russo would've had all four of those guys on you and who's knows what he'd have done to you then!" His sudden change in tone set me off instantly.
"I'd gotten myself out like every other case I've worked on! I've handled a lot worse men than Russo in this industry and will handle many more. I'm not scared of what they'll do to me!"
"Are you sure about that?"
Oliver stood tall and directly right in front of me. His eyes looking straight in mine, with each exhale I could feel his warm breathe sweeping across my cheeks. I wasn't at all intimidated by him and I've handled way worse in my time. There's nothing he could or would do to me that would leave me frightened. That rule applied for most everyone. I didn't scare easy, if at all.
"Look, I've worked hard to get this transaction completed and in my years as an agent, I've conquered over a dozens cases by myself. Years of trails and training completed, by myself. My record is flawless and my performance unmatched so believe me when I tell you the last thing I need is "support" from somebody else. Especially from some low-life, fame-inherited, playboy with a cheap hero complex; who thinks that dressing in a mask and cape will revoke the punishment of his past transgressions!" My words flew out of me in such heist, I could barely process some of them. They felt to be a mixed concoction of venom, streaks of cold ice and specks of raging fire.  My face and heart turned coldly as I eyed him darkly, "Stop using the Green Arrow as a chastisement for your sins Oliver. We know the truth. Your a fraud."

Those bitter drops of venom and poison would be the last time, in a long time that I would talk  ever talk to Oliver Queen. I often wondered if I'd ever even see him again after that but old habits die hard and their owners....are even more relentless.