2 Hours After Midnight

I follow Ezekiel as he walks down the streets, passing the mass of townspeople as they angrily march around. It was a cute town, with stone pavers lined the streets instead of gravel. There were cottages lined along the streets filled with vampire families.

But tonight was different than any other night I've been here with Ezekiel. I've been to town before, following closely behind him, scared to get lost and I always admired the old homey feeling this place has, despite the fact that it is packed with vampires.

Tonight was different because the sky was dark, with a small sliver of moon in the sky, and all the townspeople were out of their homes, ready to fight, ready to stand up for what they believe.

They all had a mission and Ezekiel was the leader. They all stood by him and believed in what he had to say. This was the night that they were going to fight back.

Upon the orders, every vampire in sight, and a few werewolves, charged towards the castle upon the highest hill in the kingdom.

The vampires reached the guards and attacked. Blood was shed, bodies dropped.

In the midst of all the chaos, the screams, and the fighting, I catch a glimpse of Ezekiel, in hand-to-hand combat with someone. He punched and dodged, kicked, and blocked. But just as I saw someone slowly approach him from behind I felt my heart drop. He slowly approached Ezekiel with a blade in hand and I'm screaming, I'm running towards him, I'm begging for him to hear me. I see the man move his hand ready to pierce Ezekiel's skin but in one swift motion, Ezekiel turns and stabs the knife through the man. Just as I let out a sigh of relief when my vision blurs and I feel dizzy.

When I refocus, I see that I am in a different room, one I've never been in before. What about Ezekiel?

"We are dropping too many men, they will enter the castle in only a matter of time," A man paces the room in fear.

"Do not worry, I have a plan," Darius smirks, "Just make sure they do not kill me before I execute it."

"What is this plan Sire?"

"You are just a guard, what makes you think I will grant you with that knowledge. Leave and fulfill your duty."

"Yes, Sir" the guard shakes as he leaves the room.

I feel my vision blurs again and I feel my panic rise as my location changes once again.

When I reopen my eyes I see my vision focus. The lights are dimmed but I have no trouble clearly seeing the person in front of me. A girl, lying in bed asleep, unaware of all the chaos her mate just caused.

Her simple long light brown hair, a beautiful mess around her.

Her eyes closed.

Her breathing calm.

When mine is not. My heart stopped and I feel like I can't breathe like I can't catch my breath.

The more I look at her, the more I realize...

She is me.

Staring at her peaceful body, I wonder how she can sleep through this. I can hear the raging fight from here, and I have no idea how far this place is from the hill. I can hear the screams as bodies drop and the cries of their fight.

It seems impossible that we look alike, I'm still in shock. There is no way this is true, but at the same time, it makes sense. This is why I, out of all the people in the world, have these dreams, this is why. I'm her doppelganger or something. God, I sound crazy.

In the midst of my thoughts, I don't hear the door slowly creak open, but when I do its too late. I'm startled as I see Darius with a knife in hand approach her in a matter of seconds. I'm screaming once again, telling him to stop, pulling on Darius but it does nothing. Pulling on her to wake her, but it still does nothing. I'm useless.

He rips the covers off her and takes his knife and stabs her in her leg, but she doesn't wake up. He traces cuts around her arms and legs, hoping to wake her but it doesn't work. She's still sleeping.

"Why isn't she awake?" He murmurs and continues to hurt her. "Unbelievable, you sly vampire," he scoffs, "and your weak attempt for guards," he talks to no one and drops the knife covered in her blood. At this point, I'm sobbing like I can feel her pain in me like I know exactly how it feels.

Darius grabs a hold of her and sinks his teeth into her neck, and I'm still trying to pull him away from her-from me. He slowly drains the life out of her, little by little and I'm stuck watching it. I cant close my eyes, I can't look away. I'm trapped, forced to see it.

He lets go of her body and it flops onto the bed, lifelessly.

And the next thing I know, Darius' body is slammed against the wall, with hands around his throat and a raging Ezekiel slowly closing his fist, tighter and tighter, ready to break his cousin's neck.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" Ezekiel yells at his cousin.

"Its a shame, I grew rather fond of her," Darius mocks him.

"I am going to kill you-no, I am going to torture you and you are going to be begging for death," Ezekiel threatens.

"This is all your fault, Zeke, I warned you of this," Darius struggles to speak.

In the midst of Ezekiel's rage, he doesn't notice the third man who entered the room or how he slowly approached him. He was too blinded by his rage and the absence of feeling of his mate that he didn't hear or notice the man until there was a dagger in his back, reaching through to his chest.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry out to him, but I couldn't. It was impossible. They won't hear me, nor see me and there's nothing I can do.

Ezekiel releases Darius and drops to the ground, clutching his chest, where the dagger is piercing through. He groans in pain and releases a string of threats for Darius.

"Bring them in," Darius says to the other man, and in come 3 women carrying a book and some objects. They set them up on the floor, in a circle, and open the book.

"Place him in the middle," One of them says and the other man does so, careful not to touch the dagger.

"How long?" One woman asks Darius.

"I beg your pardon?"

"How long do you want him to suffer for?" She adds.

"Eternity. Make sure that he is not to escape as well."

"As long as Alice is gone he will be stuck, frozen as a statute, but slowly dying on the inside."

My tears stopped falling as I gave up. They wouldn't fall anymore and I still continued to feel hopeless. I gathered that the 3 women are witches and they used their magic to freeze Ezekiel. He just laid there on the ground, in the circle, gasping for air that he does not need, struggling to claw the dagger out but failing. It was positioned to inflict so much pain to not kill him, but also leave him unable to move. But part of me thinks he gave up. His mate was gone and soon he would be too, in away.

And soon it was done, his struggling froze and he was stuck in a position so painful it hurt to look at him.

I slowly walk over and place my hand on his cheek and a light kiss on his forehead, feeling some strange need to touch him. "I'm sorry," I whisper as my vision started to fade in and out again. The darkness fades away and all I see is light.

I blink my eyes rapidly and see that my window curtain was left open, so the sun was shining through. I feel the dried tears on my cheeks and I can feel the tightness in my throat. The pain feels so real and so close to me like it was a part of me like I was the one experiencing it.

And I have no idea how I wound up in bed.