23 Days After, pt 1

"I still can't believe that he walked you to class. I totally ship the both of you," May says, all excited.

"The guy just got here, how do you ship him and Alice? We barely know him," Jacob asks.

"Have you seen the way they look at each other?" May starts again but I cut her off, "And how do I look at him?"

"Kinda hopeful," May says, "like you already know him or something, I don't know it sounded better in my head."

"No, your right," Abby looks to May, "you're totally crushing on him."

"Who's crushing on who?" Adam says and sits down next to me at the lunch table.

"Alice and Lennox, the new guy."

"You like him?" Adam looks at me with hurt in his eyes.

"I'm done with this conversation," I roll my eyes and stand up to throw my trash away. When I get back to the table, May is back at it, asking questions.

"So what did you talk about this morning?"

"He just walked me to class, we chatted about random stuff."

"Like?" Abby asks.

"I learned where he moved from, told him I liked winter," I pause to think, "that's about it."

"That's it?"

"It was like a 2-minute conversation, what did you expect?" I try to brush it off.

The entire lunch, Adam was quiet. I know it has to do with the Lennox and May's sudden obsession. He's jealous, there's no question about it. He got this way last year when Jerry Clark asked me on a date and I said yes. The date was okay, but I just didn't find it in me to schedule a second. Adam was happy when Jerry and I ended after 1 date.

I get where's he's coming from, he loves me, I know that. But it would be different if I felt the same way. I do love him, but as my best friend and he knows this. He knows I won't ever change my feelings, nothing will change. He has to move on.

"Oh! I finally found my camera last night! It somehow got shoved under my bed. I'm going to look through the footage and make like a shorter video," Abby beams.

"Oh, I don't know, if my parent saw-"

"Don't worry. I'll edit it into shorter videos and make 2 versions. 1 with us drinking in it and the other one won't have it," Abby cuts Jacob off.

"Sounds good Abbs," Adam smiles at her and I see Abby's face turn a tint of red.

The lunch bell rings, and I'm off to Science class. I sit next to this girl, Claire, who I'm friendly with. Basically, we only talk during this class.

I sit down at my seat and start to take out my homework from last night.

"Hello, Alice," I hear and I adjust my gaze from my dest to him. Lennox.

He walked passed my dest to get to his, greeting me as he passes. "Hey," I say in a quiet voice, almost sure he didn't hear me. I would have said it louder, but by the time I could finally react, and my brain understood what was happening, he was already at his desk.

Class dragged on, it was basically vocabulary day and we had to take a ton of notes. All I know is that my hand hurts from writing so much, but my mood shifted when I realize I have psychology next period. It's probably my favorite class.

"Okay class, today we will start our next unit on Memory. Before any of you ask, I have started to grade everyone's test, and no has failed, yet," Mr. McG jokes as he pulls up his slideshow from his computer.