44 Days After

The warm weather clings to my skin as we lay on the thick grass. The slight breeze tickles my skin, intertwining its way in between us and the conversation consumes us. The air is peaceful and the sky is clear. The day is just perfect.

"Well, you seem to know much about me, how about you. Tell me something, Lennox," these foreign words leave my lips ever so easily.

"Tell you something?" He tries to stall.

"Yes, Len, anything," I look up at the light fluffy clouds resting in the sky.

"Well, if you must know, Lennox is not my first name."

"I beg your pardon," I quickly sit up and look at him.

"It is my middle name, but many just call me Lennox."

"Then what is your first name?" I ask as he sits up as well.

"Ezekiel."

"But why do you go by Lennox, then?"

"Well, hearing this name carries many memories of my parents and sister. Just my brother and cousin refer to me by my first name."

"And now me!" I give him a big smile.

He lightly chuckles and wraps his arm around my shoulder, bringing me closer to him, "yes now you. You, among very few, have the privilege of meeting me and calling me by my first name."

"You say that as if you are a man of great importance," I peer up at him.

"We all are of great importance to the right people."

I ponder his words for a moment, "and how do you know if you are in the presence of the right person?"

"When the people around you are given knowledge of one's secrets."

"So I am of great importance to you?" I ask, even though a part of me already knows his answer.

"More than you could even imagine, love."

~

Monday - 44 Days After

Lennox is Ezekiel

Ezekiel is Lennox

Lennox is Ezekiel

Ezekiel is Lennox

Lennox is Ezekiel

Ezekiel is Lennox

Lenn-"Alice? Helloooo???" I see someone wave their hand in my face, trying to gain my attention.

"Huh, what?" I look up to see Abby and May.

"You've been out of it for 4 days at this point. What wrong?" Abby asks, with no trace of annoyance in her voice, only concern.

It's true. My thoughts have been haywire. After my freak out at Lennox's on Tuesday, from having that stupid dream on Thursday, I haven't been myself since.

I've always known they were the same person, I mean they look the exact same, and it's the same girl in both versions of the dreams, even though I didn't see one of the girls until she died...Anyway, it feels like a slap in the face. A huge reality check. I went from seeing life unfold in front of me, standing in the corner of some room, only seeing the back of this girl and seeing Ezekiel, to actually being inside of the girl, living her life as if it were my own, and slowly following her relationship with Lennox.

I mean now it's clear, it's like the dreams went back in time to when they first met. So that means the Lennox, or Ezekiel, in my dreams now is...well he's a vampire. And Alice, or the girl, doesn't know that yet. To actually being inside of the girl, living her life as if it were my own, and slowly following her relationship with Lennox.