4 Days Before

"We attack at midnight," Ezekiel speaks in front of about a dozen men, "It will be very dangerous but think of how it will feel when I am King. Everything will go back to the way it was, to how it was when my father was alive. I will return things to as they should be, not to how Darius has changed them to be. This is not how we should be living and it is time we fight back. Gather as many men as you can, tell the werewolves as well. We need all the help we can get. I want nothing but peace between us and that includes the werewolves, witches, and humans. I will return our kingdom to its days of glory."

"Alice"

"Alice, wake up,"

"Alice sweetie, its time for school," I hear my name called out, its voice changing from the deep husky one to my mom's sweet one. I groan in response and bundle under the covers more. "Alice come on."

"I don't feel good," I groan again.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm exhausted, can I stay home?" I open my sleepy eyes to look at my mom, but they close shut again because of how heavy they are.

Mom hesitates, letting out a sigh, "Fine but just today. You are getting your butt back to school tomorrow."

I mumble an 'okay' and roll over, going back to sleep.

*POV change: Callum*

When I walk downstairs I see mom and dad talking, but no Alice.

"I will be taking you to school today," Mom puts her coffee cut in the sink, "Be ready soon."

"What's up with Alice?" I ask, getting some cereal.

Mom suspiciously looks at Dad, "She's not feeling well today," He answers.

"Guys just tell me what's going on?!" They look at each other again, speaking to each other through their glances. Mom sighs, showing us that she lost.

"It's her dreams," Dad says in a low voice, "They're draining her, and she's exhausted. I don't think shes slept in a few nights."

"There has to be something we can do, right?" This is insane, just letting her struggle like this.

"I'm afraid not, son. We just have to wait it out like last time."

"They come in phases and we just have to wait for this set of dreams to get better," Mom says.

"There's nothing we can do?" They shake their heads at my question, "What if we get her out of the house-or this town. Let her go away for the weekend-for her birthday-and maybe it will get a little better. Ya know, change of scenery?"

"I'm not too sure," Mom shakes her head.

"It's not a bad idea though. Remember when we went on vacation a few years ago? I didn't think she blacked out once during that trip." Dad rubs his chin in thought.

"I'll talk to May. Her uncle has a cabin up North and they can go for the weekend." Dad instantly agrees, but mom is harder to persuade, "Come on, Mom, it's worth a shot. Plus shes going to turn 18, it will be fun for her."

"Ugh fine, but if it turns into a shit show, I was against it all along." Mom finally agrees.

*POV change: Alice*

I look at the room I'm in, it's different than the office, I'm so commonly transported to. This room is a library, with thousands of books lining the walls, but with no one in sight. I walk over to a wall and start to look at the books. The wood the shelves are made out of is old, of corse crafted to perfection, and a part of me thinks I've seen them somewhere. The books all look worn as if they have been read hundreds of times, and whether by time. I pull one out and open the cover. The first page is dated with a year -1012. And it looks like a journal entry.