12 hours

He rushes after her, running as fast as he can to leap from the building as she did barely a moment before.

Gravity pulls her body down, drawing her to meet her end.

I'm sorry.

Alice whispers as the sky above her appears larger as she descends off the building. The stars are scattered above her, a beautiful accident or a perfect arrangement, she thinks.

While looking at the massive night sky, she is content with it being her final thought and she knows just how small she is compared to the rest of the world while gazing up at the darkness above her.  At this moment she knows, just how lucky she was to be alive.

She closes her eyes, remembering the world around her, and takes one last deep breath, and the world around her stops.

Confused, Alice opens her eyes and sees the same night sky and beautiful stars above her. Her body is frozen in mid-air and she's unable to move as her body slowly lowers itself onto the ground. Her feet gently touch the concrete as she stands there, perplexed on how she stopped mid-air, how she's still alive. How...well everything in her life confuses her.

Arms engulf her and she instantly finds comfort in them.

"Alice I swear to god I will kill you if you do that again!" Her tight grip makes Alice wiggle to get free and when she does break free, she sees May.

Millions of questions swarm Alice and before she could react, May grabs her to start walking, "follow me you bloodsucker," she marches past Ezekiel, dragging Alice with her. Even more confused, she looks from May, back to Ezekiel, still trying to put the pieces together.

"No time to ask questions, we only have a few minutes to get out of here," May explains as they walk through the street.

Ezekiel speeds in front of May, halting her movements.

"What is it that you are doing?" He asks, fully suspicious.

"I am trying to save Alice, now get out of my way," she tries to brush past him, but Ezekiel doesn't let her.

"Listen, I know about you, Frederick, your cousin. Everything, well not everything, but I know the gist of it," Ezekiel glares at her, silently asking her to get to the point. "My family was sent to protect Alice and that is what I am trying to do," she starts to walk away again, this time he meets her steps. Alice, on the other hand, is still trapped inside her mind, failing to grasp a single idea of the world around her.

Ezekiel was about to protest, but he could feel the truth to her worlds and know of her desire to protect Alice. He knows she is telling the truth.

"Where are you trying to get to?" He sighs, knowing how much quicker he could get them there if he took control.

"My house, and if you think for a second that your gonna run us there-" May argues as he grabs ahold of both of them, telling them to close their eyes and runs. May curses at him once he lets go, and she scoffs and pulls Alice into her house.

When May finally lets go of Alice, and the world around her finally starts moving again, so do her thoughts.

"What?" She finally speaks.

"I know it's a lot to take in but, well it's just a lot to take in," May tries to explain but fails.

Alice looks from Ezekiel to May, trying to formulate some type of reasonable explanation for everything but can't.

"Who sent you?" He asks May and turns to her.

"I don't know"

"What do you mean you do not know? Now, who sent you?"

"My parents know, but they won't tell me. I only found all of this out a few years ago."

"How many witches were sent?"

"I'm not sure, again my parents know everything," she sighs and rolls her eyes.

"And where are these parents?"

"Asleep, now listen, Darius is here, and you two need to hide," she starts to walk away towards her family room.

"I am not hiding, I have a plan to proceed with and that does not involve you," he asks, tired of May and her ability to not tell him everything.

"It's almost morning, then we can all have a chat, now get in there!" she whispers some words and then the blank wall slowly turns invisible. Sighing, Ezekiel gently grabs Alice's hand and brings her into the hidden room. May follows them inside and down the stairs.

"There's a small bathroom, with a shower, water and a few change of clothes. Food too but not," May pauses, not really wanting to say it.

"I'm fine," Ezekiel assures her and she slightly nods, "try and get some rest," she touches Alice's shoulder to comfort her, "I would stay but I can't seem suspicious," she walks back upstairs. "My family and I are probably being monitored," she says and closed the brick wall.

He looks around the room, taking in everything. The room is very long and not that wide, a bed hugging the wall and with shelves with food and water, and a few bins with clothes on the other side.

After surveying the space, his eyes finally settle on Alice, who hasn't said much.

"Alice, I need you to say something, please," he slowly walks to her, unsure if he should touch her or not.

Words are being tossed and thrown inside her head, and she has no idea what to say first. "What the hell is going on," she says after a moment, her gaze locked on the grey floor.

"Well, it seems as if May is a witch sent to protect you, who sent her is still unknown but I, however, have a few theories."

"No, not-not that. May is the least of my issues right now," she finally looks up at him, meeting his emerald eyes full of hope, "is it? Its all-Everything is real?" Her voice cracks at the end, tears welling in her eyes.

He slowly nods his head yes, "how much of it do you remember?"

You're a vampire! She wanted to yell, but she couldn't utter those words. Instead, she leans up against the concrete wall and slides down, landing on the cold grey floor.

~

The cold air is all I feel, the hard surface I'm sitting on and the cold stale air in this small room. I left home to find him and then I tried to j...I jumped off a building.

A sob escapes my lips and I can't stop the tears from forming in my eyes. I tried to kill myself. I wanted to kill myself. When I was falling, I remembered what it was like before. What caused me to jump off a tower in my past life. It all was too much, I couldn't handle the dreams. I was utterly alone. My parents abandoned me, I had no friends, no money, no food, or shelter. I had nothing. I was an outcast because of my dreams.

Dreams...they're not even dreams. They're memories. Just memories.

I pull my knees to my chest and bury my head in my hands until all I see is darkness. I cant see the weak lighting from the room, nor see my blurred vision from the tears. Complete darkness surrounds me and I just want to succumb to it. I feel a hand placed on my shoulder and I quickly relax at his touch.

"Alice, I am so sorry it has come to this, but I had no idea what to do. I believed I had to deal with my cousin before I could tell you, but I was wrong."

"Tell me," I whisper, but I know he can hear me perfectly clear and I shift on the hard floor.

"Let's sit on the bed, it will be far more comfortable," his soft voice calms a part of me as he lifts me from the floor. My body molds to his and comfort surround me. We sit on the bed together, side by side and all I wanna him to do is wrap his arms around me. I want him to hold me, tell me that everything is okay, tell me that I'm not crazy. Instead, we stay inches apart.

"You met me in the summer of 1536, however, I met you 3 years prior."