35 Days After

Wednesday 32 Days After

"He is becoming more suspicious," Frederick says once I enter the door from dropping off Alice.

"I am well aware of my cousin's antics," I meet him at the table.

"Guards from the Kingdom of Debi were spotted near the cave-"

"Darius knows the spell was broken the moment I was freed. He was alerted the moment someone entered the cave, especially since it was Alice and the action she completed."

"If he knows then why is he not here yet?"

"Either he is not aware of our location, which is highly likely, or he is waiting," I say.

"To atta-"

"Let us hope it is not the ladder, Frederick," I finish the conversation because I know we cannot dwell on it any longer.

"So we just wait for him to come?"

"No, we must form a plan of our own...and if we have the time, well then we wait."

THURSDAY - 33 Days After

"So, little brother," I denote our relationship, hoping it will help me and he will answer my questions. I close the front door. Adam had just dropped us off from school.

"Oh no, what did I do?" He asks.

"A little birdie told me you a someone special," I say, trying to embarrass him.

"I don't know what you talking about," he tries to blow it off.

"Don't lie, spill."

"Fine, her name Victoria," he admits, leaving me shocked by how easy that was.

"And when did you start dating."

"2 months ago." My heart drops.

"W-what?" I croak. I try to think of the hints, or moments when he suspiciously left the house or anything of the sorts to give me clues to his sudden affairs, but I fail. "Wait, why, what?" I mumble.

"Yeah," he says and drops his gaze.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "the timing was never right."

"Bullshit! There was always time for news like that!"

"You always have your things going on and I get that completely, but I-I just didn't want to, I don't, I guess I don't want to burden you."

"Callum," I breathe, "you wouldn't have been a burden. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, you have your issues to deal with and I just felt it was better if I didn't interfere, I guess."

I'm not normally one for hugs, but I wrap my arms around my brother and really hug him. "I'm sorry my own issues made you feel less than your worth."

"I should have known something was up, no wonder you were happy all the time."

"I just can't believe it's been 2 months. I swear I'm blind," I continue on ranting.

"All right that's enough hugging," he wiggles free.

"Damn, I'm a really shitty sister," I admit.

"No, your not."

"I missed out on 2 months of embarrassing you in front of your girlfriend, that's a lot of time to make up for," I huff and put my hands on my hips.

"No," he shakes his head.

"Yea, so you better be ready for when she finally comes over."

~~