51 Days After, pt 2

A/N

This chapt might get a little confusing on who's speaking when but I wanted to flip back and forth between the different POVs.

When the text reads on the left side of the screen its one person

And when it's on the right side, it's someone else's thoughts/actions

Any questions?

——
44 Days After

"I have received word that he is aware of our location," Frederick enters the small house and marches right up to me. There is a great look of worry on his face.

"And who is this source?"

"Ezekiel, we have many on our side, some heard a few whispers so we must prepare."

"Whispers are not a legitimate resource Frederick. We are pressing the matters of life or death for Alice and I will not take matters lightly."

"Have faith in me, I beg of you," he pleas.

"It is not about my lack of faith but my desire to protect Alice, and if she falls to Darius once again, there will be no limits to my vengeance."

"I am well aware, but you must let others protect her as well."

"Frederick, I have felt her die 11 times. And 10 of those times I was trapped in that horrendous cave, left unable to protect her. The lone time I was with her, I let her die. I will not let it happen again."

"I understand, but you cannot collapse like before. If it does come to that, if the unfortunate does occur, you mustn't fall."

"I do not plan to, Frederick, because she will not die."

"I understand, sire," he mumbles but I catch his words as they escape him.

"It is time we move our plan into motion."

"I will alert the guards. Have you made up your mind?"

"Leave her. I will not let her forget about me once again."

"You have thought of the repercussions?"

"We will unite in a matter of time and all will become normal once more," It has to be. I hate the turmoil I will cause her, but the mere thought of her forgetting me will hurt much more. And what if something were to happen to me, and I do die, I do not want her to forget about me. Just as I would not want to forget about her. She just needs to hold on for a few weeks. That is all it will take for everything to unfold. For all of this to be over.

Just please hold on my love.

~~

51 Days After

I am quick to catch Alice as she faints and a crowd instantly forms around us.

"Abby quick, get the nurse," I say and she rushes off.

"Oh my god, Jacob what happened?" Adam rushes over to me and kneels beside us. Alice's limp body rests on my lap.

"She just fainted," I respond to him, but quickly inspect her to make sure there was no damage done, "come on Alice, wake up," I beg as I try to ignore the snickers from our classmates and hold on to the few voices who are worried for her.

"Is she okay?" I hear a voice beside me and look up to see a girl, Clair, I think her name is, and she kneels beside Adam.

I feel a sense of panic flood my being, but at the moment, I know I have little to worry. It feels as if I am almost falling as if the world I once knew was changing in only a matter of seconds.