51 Days After, pt 3

"I am simply ignoring you, Frederick."

"You cannot tell me you do not worry what may happen!" He stops pacing the small room in their house.

"Nothing wrong will occur, we are only in stage 1 of our plan and-"

"Exactly, our plan is most fragile now and any discrepancy could ruin all that we have planned."

"Frederick, you do not know of the pain she is in. I can feel all of it and well this is worse than before. Before she was just injured and we were strangers, but now, everything is magnified."

He pauses, knowing how pointless it is to fight, "I understand, I just worry," he drops his gaze, knowing his defeat.

~

He watches her as she lays there, her breathing shallow, her clothes covered in dried blood. He normally loves the smell of her blood as it sweetly intoxicates him, but now, it smelled potent, stale even. There something wrong, he knows it, maybe it wasn't her blood? He thought, but then who's would it be?

He approaches her and drops to his knees to meet her sleeping body. It hurts him, even more, to see her like this.

"I am so sorry," his voice is soft, and quiet because he does do not want to alarm her family. He rests his head against her arm, careful not to put all of his weight on her weak body, but still needing to be close to her, and feel her. Her skin is cold against his, but he can hear her heartbeat increase little by little.

He looks up at her again, gently removes the hair away from her neck, remembering the pain they were in. He sees a scar of a bit mark and he feels rage bellow within him. He's angry at the man who caused it. He looks at her arms, seeing long marks running up and down, and traces them with the tips of his fingers. And suddenly they start to fade.

Each cut vanishes from sight, removing itself from her skin but still plugged in their memory. And the blood that stained her clothes is pulled from the fabric and that potent smell disappears.

Now he looks at her, her body tired, but asleep. She just looks like she's resting, while before she looked dead.

He stays with her for a while, mainly trying to figure out what happened. He understands the scars fading, but the blood? Well that's illogical, but the logical part of him knew exactly it was, yet he wasn't sure who.

The pain he felt disappeared and he knew that Alice was at peace.