19 Days After, pt 3

"Excuse me Sir, but I come bearing some news," a guard nervously walks into the room.

"What is it?" Frederick looks to the guard, a little annoyed by the sudden interruption to his conversation.

"I-it is the girl," the guard rushes out.

"What about her," Ezekiel says, with anger consuming him.

"There-" The guard stutters but is cut off.

"Well, spit it out already," Ezekiel snaps.

"There was someone else in the house that night," the guard says, not having to say what night he was talking about. It was the only night of great significance.

"Who? How do you know?" Frederick asks, trying to get the correct answers, his words not fueled by rage.

"We-we do not know who else was in the house but-"

"How did you not detect someone else in that house that night. Your job is to protect her, not let unwanted visitors wonder about!" Ezekiel's seething voice allows fear to slowly creep up on the guard.

"O-one of her friends had a camera, she was re-recording the entire night and caught the intruder on tape. The guards watching the girl just reported the information back to me," the guard tries to steady his voice.

"How come you did not know of this intruder that night," Ezekiel speaks calmly, but it still lets fear take over the guard.

"We did not detect a heartbeat, nor see anyone enter the home, we heard no movement whatsoever. I truly have no idea how one entered the house and walked around without our knowledge. Unless-"

"Unless what?" Ezekiel questions, already knowing the answer, but wanting the guard to say it aloud.

"Unless it was a witch."

"Take the camera, whip the footage, and download a copy. Try to recognize who it was. Erase each of the friend's memories of any events concerning someone else being inside that house."

"Not the girl?" The guard questions.

"Leave her."

"Yes Sire," the guard quickly walks out of the room.

"It had to have been Darius," Ezekiel turns to Frederick.

"Well, who else could it have been?"

"I am curious as it if it was my cousin, then why he did not send the witch again. Why did he not come after her again, or take her that night? She would have come back to the house eventfully."

"It does seem a bit odd. Although-"

"You said it your self Frederick, no one else knows about her, right?"

"Correct, but it cou-"

"Do you know of any other alliances, or friends, or anyone who would want to see her but not harm her nor take her?"

"No, Ezekiel."

"Alright, then it was Darius."

"Yes, sire," Frederick mumbles and walks away.

~~

Friday - 27 Days After

"See you Monday, Alice," Lennox says and he walks past me and smiles. The final bell has rung and I just walked out of my math class.

"You and he have been talking a lot this week," Adam says from beside me.

"Uhh, yeah I guess," I shrug my shoulders. What does he want me to say?