Maya's POV

Farkle left shortly after Lucas and Zay had left, leaving me to stay at Topanga's by myself. Technically, I'm supposed to be working but I decided to take a short break that lasted for about four hours. Thank goodness my mom isn't around to notice, and Topanga is busy working on a case.

"When do we get a four hour break?" Ava asks sassily with her arms folded across her chest. Auggie is standing next to her with his hands in his shorts pockets.

"Oh man," I facepalm my face. "I completely forgot you two were working with me today."

"Did you really think the customers were serving themselves and the tables were getting cleaned?" Auggie asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"I thought the magical brooms from Fantasia was taking care of things for me." I joke, trying to lighten the mood.

"What's Fantasia?" Looking confused by the name, Ava looks over at Auggie for clarification.

"I think it's an old movie," Auggie shrugs then looks over at me. "It's a movie from the 1970's, right Maya?"

This time I shrug at his question, not knowing what year the movie came out. "Ask Farkle or Smackle."

"I don't see either one of them." Shielding her eyes from the fluorescent lights and looking around the room, Ava says.

"You have four hours to do whatever you want to." Getting up from my seat, I head over to the cash register.

I hear their footsteps following right behind me, and I can't help but to look back at them. "Do you two need something?"

"Since we're on our four hour break, we're calling it a day." Ava states. She looks up at the clock behind me. "You wasted half of the eight hour day which means that you have to work the last half of the eight hour day."

"At least you're getting paid. I don't actually get paid for working here. My mom says that I get a roof over my head and a good education." I tell her, continuing on to stand behind the cash register.

"You don't get paid?" Auggie asks, looking surprised by my words.

"It looks better on college applications if you say that you're volunteering for long hours." I tell them.

"Isn't that cheating the system?" Ava asks me.

"It's not cheating if it isn't a lie." I point out.

"How are you making a difference in the community?" Ava presses.

"By serving my fellow citizens with the refreshments that they pay for." It's the most obvious thing in the world, isn't it?

"I ordered a strawberry banana smoothie a few minutes ago and still haven't got it yet, Maya." Darby says, looking slightly frustrated with the delay.

"I ordered a blueberry muffin." Sarah speaks up from beside Darby.

"You're doing great, sweetie." Ava smiles mockingly, giving me a pat on the shoulder.

"I'll get right on it!" I tell them with faux cheerfulness.

"I'll take the next customer!" Auggie announces, taking my place at the cash register.

We ended up working the last four hours of the day, even though I told them that they didn't have to be here on multiple occasions. Auggie insisted that he help out since the afternoon crowd and evening crowd gets pretty busy. Ava only stayed to tell me how great I was doing every half hour.

Eventually, Ava got bored and ended up going to hang out with some of her other friends. Topanga arrived ten minutes before closing time with more supplies to restock for tomorrow.

"Where's Ava?" Setting the bags down on the counter, Topanga asks.

"She left an hour ago," Auggie tells his mom. "She said she had things to do and people to see."

"Glad to know I can trust her to help run this place." Topanga says with a bit of sarcasm in her voice.

"How was your day, second mom?" I ask her brightly.

"It was rather stressful but we made a lot of progress." She says not elaborating.

"Wow, this place is dead!" My mom says, walking into the building and taking a look around the room.

She doesn't make it too far and turns to flip the sign on the door to closed. "Did you kids have fun?" Turning back around and continuing her trek over to where we're standing, my mom asks.

"A lot of fun!" I give her an enthusiastic look.

"I take it Riley, Farkle, Lucas, Zay and Smackle were here," mom eyes me suspiciously. "How long of a break did you take?"

"Not too long of a break." It's not exactly a lie since time seems to fly by when I'm hanging around my friends.

"Try half the day." Auggie mumbles from beside me.

"Auggie," I warn him from the side of my mouth, lightly nudging his arm.

"Maya!" Mom scolds me with a look of mortification on her face.

"You six must've had a good conversation if it took up half of your day." Topanga says not looking surprised by the length of my break.

"You remember when Riley, Farkle, Lucas, and I took a trip to the Statue of Liberty only to get stuck on the subway and end up at his parents' rivals' house?" I ask, looking between my mother and Topanga.

"Are you guys planning on taking a trip to hangout with them?" Topanga asks.

"That's the plan. Zay and Smackle are coming along with us." I inform them.

"I don't want you staying over there for as long as you guys did last time, Maya. We don't even know them that well, and I don't exactly trust Stuart Minkus." My mom says warily.

"Stuart may be a strange man, Katy, but he would never put his own child in danger. Besides, I've met this Jessie person before through FaceTime. She seems like a very trusting person." Topanga says convincingly.

"I'll take your word on it, Topanga," mom agrees before turning her attention back to me. "Just remember to use your manners, Maya, and stick together."

"I will," I assure her.

A/N: So, it's currently 9:07 here, and I've managed to complete two updates for the day. I'm doing rather well with this whole two a day thing, if I do say so myself.

Please leave a comment on what I can fix, and leave a comment on whose point of view you want the next two chapters to be from. One Jessie and one Girl Meets World character.