Josh's POV

My name is Joshua Gabriel Matthews, but I go by Dr. Gabriel Dreamboat in the couple industry. I dropped out of college to pursue my life long desire to be a veterinarian. Turns out a college degree and internship are required to be able to go into being a legal veterinarian. So, I went online and managed to get a license in couples counseling. It probably isn't legal, but it doesn't make sense for random people to get a preachers license off of the internet just to officiate a wedding.

"Tell your dad that I'll be expecting my hundred dollar check in the mail by tomorrow," taking a seat at my desk and setting my container of ramen down, I say to Riley.

"A hundred dollars?!" Riley's eyes widen so big that I'm beginning to worry they might fall out of her sockets.

"That seems unreasonable, Boing Boing," Maya shakes her head at me in disapproval. "She is your niece, and I'm pretty sure your practice is illegal since you dropped out of college."

"Hey, if random people can marry a couple by getting a license off of the internet, then why can't I get my couples therapy license off of the internet?" I ask Maya.

"That's not the same thing," she shakes head. "Besides, how can you give advice to people when you thought three years was a huge difference?"

"It is a huge difference when one of us is still a minor," I point out.

"I'm not a minor anymore," she argues, raising her eyebrows for emphasis.

"Maya, you have a boyfriend," Riley scolds her, giving her a slight nudge in the side.

"Yeah, a boyfriend who I'm pretty confident cheated on me with another blonde we know. Besides, I technically cheated on him too," Maya tells her.

This must be the first time Riley is hearing about Maya cheating on her boyfriend, or she just forgot about it, because there's a terrified expression that appears on her face. "How could you cheat on Lucas like that?!"

"You're dating Lucas?" Looking at Maya in surprise, I ask. "Wasn't Riley dating him not that long ago?"

Riley looks over at me with a serious look. "We broke up sophomore year. He just wasn't my type anymore. It turns out that he's still terrified of sheep."

"He was completely fine when we went to the petting zoo last year," Maya looks about Riley with confusion. "Are you sure we are talking about the same Lucas?"

"Maybe Farkle was the one with the sheep problem," furrowing her eyebrows in thought, Riley says.

"What exactly is happening between you and Lucas?" Getting back on topic, I ask Maya.

"Last year, we went on a crazy trip-"

"It really wasn't that crazy," Riley butts in only to get an annoyed look from Maya. She starts to blush slightly before gesturing for Maya to continue.

"We were on our way to the Statue of Liberty when the subway we were on got stuck," turning her eyes back to me, Maya starts in. "There was this group of teenagers that had their nanny on board as well. It turns out that Farkle knew the family due to a rivalry that their parents had going on, and we ended up staying at their penthouse. Long story short, Lucas apparently kissed Emma behind my back and started going out with her while still being in a relationship with me."

"You really should've just broken up with him," leaning back in my desk chair and placing my arms behind my head, I reply casually.

"That's rude, Josh," Riley informs me.

"I was waiting for him to come out and tell me himself," Maya defends herself. "We could've talked about it and gotten over the hurdle."

Why do I always get these kinds of stories?

"Look, Maya," sitting up straight and moving my arms onto my desk so I can fold my hands together, I start in on my usual speech. "If someone genuinely likes you, then they wouldn't go behind your back and cheat on you to begin with. I'll admit, what you did wasn't good on your part, but I don't think it would've been wise to get back with Lucas."

"You are terrible at advice," Riley has a look o disbelief on her face, and she gets up from the couch. "I told you these couples counseling thing was a waste of time." She reaches for Maya's hand, but Maya is quick to wave her off.

"Boing Boing has a point, Riles," she looks up at Riley with a serious look. "Lucas wouldn't have cheated on me in the first place if he actually had feelings for me. We wouldn't be sitting in here, had Lucas not cheated on me with Emma."

"Let's boycott him!" Riley exclaims with a furious look on her face.

"I don't want to make this an over dramatic thing, Riley. I mean, we are all going our different ways pretty soon and leaving on a bad note isn't something I want to bring to the group."

Maya sure has matured over the years. How long has it been since I last saw her? Three years ago? Yeah, three years sounds about right to me.

"That will be five hundred dollars," I inform the two of them.

"We're boycotting your awful advice too!" Riley shouts before marching out of my office and shouting at Amira about how awful my advice is.

"You really should do something about your receptionist," getting up from the couch while keeping eye contact with me, Maya states.

"Why do you say that?" I ask with curiosity.

"I think she's a bit homophobic," Maya tells me.

"How can she be homophobic when she has a girlfriend?" Cocking my head to the side and studying Maya's face, I ask.

"She called Riley and I a special case," Maya says. "I'm pretty confident that she thought Riley and I were a couple."

Understanding starts to come over me as to why Amira said what she did. "I talk about my family all the time with Amira. I even talk about you some times since you're like a sister to my niece. Also, the fact that you're like a niece now to Cory since Shawn is like another brother to him."

"Does it not weird you out to think that Riley isn't that much younger than you are?" Maya asks with interest. She sits back down on the couch and places her hands onto her lap.

"Not really," I shrug. "It's not like it's uncommon or anything. I think it's cool to have someone that's pretty young and hip to talk to."

"Not to control your life or anything, but you really should get back in contact with your siblings," Maya says.

Riley pops her head back into the room and looks at Maya impatiently. "Hurry up, Maya. Josh is going to keep charging extra if we hang around here any longer. Also, Farkle just called telling me that they had to cut their science museum visit short since Smackle started correcting the employee working the mummy exhibit."

"Sounds like something Smackle would do," Maya acknowledges before getting up from the couch and making her way to the door. She stops in the door way and glances back at me. "Thanks for the advice, Dr. Dreamboat."

Maya turns her head and walks out of the room before I can correct her. Smackle was the one that gave me the idea for the name Dreamboat, but I like Boing Boing better. I just hope Riley doesn't tell Topanga or Cory that I was going to charge them five hundred dollars. Then again, Riley is boycotting me, so I guess I don't have anything to worry about.