Lucas's POV

I can count on both of my hands how many times Luke had tried to sneak into the ax throwing place when Zay and I weren't looking. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say he tried to sneak in there 10 different times. In all honesty, I don't even know how we managed to make it all the way to the archery place.

"So, Lucas, are you going to spill what happened right before you guys left our place the last time you were here?" Luke asks, letting go of the bowstring and watching the arrow fly towards the target.

He hits his target and turns to look at me with both a curious and victorious look.

Zay looks at me expectantly with raised eyebrows. "Yeah, what's got you in such a mood these days?"

"Just thinking about the fact that this is the last summer we will all be together," it's not a complete lie that I'm thinking about the fact that we will all be going our separate ways next month.

Riley is following in her parents' footsteps and attending Pennbrook, Maya decided to take a gap year claiming that she wants time to explore the world before going to NYU, Farkle got accepted into Harvard, Smackle is attending Princeton, and Zay is flying back home to Texas to attend to attend the University of Texas in Austin. I got into A&M in college station which is a little over an hour away from Zay.

                 "I know a half truth when I hear one," Zay eyes me suspiciously, setting his bow down in the holder.

                   "That's crazy that you guys are already splitting up," Luke looks between Zay and I in amazement. "I thought you guys would attend the same school."

"That was the plan at first, but Lucas," Zay gives me a pointed look before turning his attention back to Luke. "Insisted that we should all part ways and let fate do the rest for us. That was after they came back from their visit here."

His eyes going wide, Luke looks over at me in shock. "What kind of monster splits his friend group up?"

"Alright, you two win," letting out a defeated sigh, I set my bow down and prepare myself for their reactions. "I cheated on Maya with Emma."

"Woah," Luke turns away from me and removes an arrow from the holder. He places the arrow into the bow and pulls the bowstring back. "It's just a kiss."

He releases the arrow and turns to face me. Zay gives Luke an 'are you serious' look before turning to me with his arms crossed.

"A kiss is still considered cheating," Zay points out with an unhappy look.

"But it's not as bad as going out with another person behind their back," Luke releases the bowstring as he turns back to face me, causing me to duck out of the way. The arrow goes soaring over my head and ends up colliding with another object behind me.

"Lucas, did you go out with Emma after you two kissed?" Zay asks.

When I don't answer Zay's question, Luke points at me with huge eyes. Actually, his face reminds me of Joey from Friends when he finds out about something shocking.

"You went out with Emma behind Maya's back," it's not so much of an accusation as it is a statement.

"I'm pretty sure Maya was going out with another guy behind my back," I reply. "She didn't seem all that bummed when I told her my plans of going separate ways for college, but she seemed pretty bummed out by everyone else's leaving."

"Do you think she knows?" Luke asks with interest, setting his bow down next to Zay's.

I shake my head. "We are still together, and Riley would've punched me as hard as she possibly can. Also, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be all that welcomed into the group."

Zay places a hand on my shoulder and looks me directly in the eyes. "You messed up, chief, but I don't think they would've stayed mad at you."

"So, that's why you suggested going your separate ways," putting two and two together, Luke says.

"It's an easier way to break up with someone without them finding out that you cheated on them with another person," I shrug not knowing what else to say.

"This is why I'm glad I don't have a girlfriend," Zay says, removing his hand off of my shoulder. "Relationships seem complicated, and I don't want to end up in another situation that reminds me of Vanessa."

"Are you sure we can't go ax throwing?" Luke asks with curiosity and mischief. "It's not like Jessie will ever find out."

"I'm pretty sure she will find out one way or another," I tell him. "Doesn't she track your phone?"

"She can't track it if I left it back at the penthouse," Luke taps the side of his head like his plan is genius.

"Won't she be suspicious if she sees that your phone is still in the penthouse but your body isn't?" Zay asks with a look of doubt.

"Nah," Luke shakes his head with a smile on his face. "She's too busy butler sitting and doorman worrying to really look at the tracker."

"So, when are you going to tell Maya?" Getting back on the original topic, Zay asks.

"Not until we go back to Texas," I tell him flatly.

"Dude," Zay has a serious look on his face. "That is such a coward thing to say and do. We're from Texas. The state where you can go big or go home; the state that is well known for its rodeos and courageous cowboys. You've conquered an actual bull once, so why can't you conquer telling Maya the truth and getting things sorted out instead of running back home to Texas?"

"A bull is one thing, but telling a girl the truth and seeing her hurt is a whole other ball game," I state feeling even more conflicted than before.

"Then, maybe you shouldn't have cheated on her to begin with," picking up the bow that he was using earlier, Zay says. He walks away towards the main entrance of the archery place and hands his bow over to the girl at the desk.

"We should probably get back to the penthouse," turning my attention to Luke, I say.

The only problem is that Luke isn't standing behind me. Great, I'm left all alone and Luke has managed to escape to the ax throwing place. One point for the universe, and zero points for Lucas Friar. Go me! I guess this will give me time to figure out how I'm going to break the news to Maya as gently as possible without getting ripped to shreds in the process.

A/N: Crazy story (alright, maybe not that crazy but just go with it) I completely forgot that I even started this chapter until I went back to work on it. I have been super busy with working on The Summer Of Firsts (I hope to have it finished before the end of this year) and editing (for the thousandth time this year) Ocean's Storm.

That's pretty much all I have been doing that isn't sleeping or Netflix related. As for when this story with be officially completed... well, that's anyone's guess. I, personally, would like to have it completed by the end of this year maybe even early next year if I keep up my procrastination skills.

So... uh... surprise to all of us on the fact that I actually completed this chapter and didn't leave it in my drafts for another five weeks!