Bertram's POV

I am beyond thrilled that the teenagers all decided to leave the penthouse. It's such a shame that Jessie couldn't have gone with them. She's won't stop talking about Tony and what a fool he was to leave his wallet sitting in the lobby unattended. I don't care.

Yeah, I know what happened between Emma and Lucas. That was some pretty juicy stuff that I saw on the terrace. I feel bad for the blonde though, but I have a feeling she'll figure it out on her own. She's a pretty clever girl.

"Do you think Chesterfield has anymore photos of me?" Jessie asks with a worried look on her face.

"I don't see why you care. I mean, she no doubt made photo copies and slid them under people's doors." I say casually, taking a sip of my tea.

"That does sound like something she would do," Jessie gets up from her spot on the couch and looks at me with an impatient look.

"I refuse to get involved with whatever shenanigans you've got up your sleeve." Shaking my head and scooting even further back into the couch, I say.

"There's no shenanigans this time. Just a sauce pan waiting for you down in the lobby," She says with a grin on her face.

It's an absolute wonder how she can't book an acting gig. The girl really has a talent when it comes to switching facial expressions. However, her persuasion skills could use a little work.

"How am I supposed to trust you after the last stunt you pulled on me with a duster and not a new utensil?" I ask her grumpily.

"Have you ever used that duster before?" She asks.

"A few times, yes." Not really, no. One little lie won't do any damage to her. At least, I don't think it will.

She tilts her head to the side and gives me the same exact look she gives Luke when he says he did he homework. "Suit yourself," Jessie shrugs before walking to the elevator.

I hear the elevator ding open behind me and the sound of the heavy doors opening. Finally, I'm alone with the peace and quiet that I so desperately needed.

"Bessie!" Chesterfield screeches from behind me.

"I tried to stop her from coming up here to yell at you," Tony says with an apologetic tone.

"How can I help you, Ms. Chesterfield?" Jessie asks her in faux politeness.

"Those beasts of yours are taking up my lobby! Not to mention, they are being rather obnoxious!" She yells.

"They weren't being that obnoxious," Tony says calmly. "Also, you don't own the building."

"I am the head of the condo board," She snaps at him. "So, I do own this apartment and everything within it."

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" Jessie asks not seeming to be fazed by Chesterfield's words.

"I would like a date with that hunk of a man on the couch," She says without any sense of shame or censorship.

"My soul is not up for sale." I reply back not bothering to turn around to look her in the eyes.

The sound of heels clicking on the tile makes me tense. Is 'no' really not a word in her mental dictionary?