Riley's POV

We did not go on a picnic in the park. I repeat, we did NOT go on a picnic in the park. What kind of rip off is this?!

                     "Hey, Riles, can I ask you something?" Maya grabs my wrist to stop me from walking behind Zuri and away from Emma's hearing range.

                          "Well, you stopped me, so continue on with your question," I try to sound encouraging but can't get my attention away from the two girls walking obliviously ahead of us.

"What would you do if you found out Farkle cheated on you, so you decided to go behind his back and cheat on him with his best friend?" There's a nervous look now on her face, and she starts to fidget unconsciously with her hands.

                    "Why would I want to do that?" I ask her in confusion.

                     Rather than answering my question, Maya shakes her head in dismissal and starts to walk in the direction that Emma and Zuri disappeared in. Not that that's an easy task since they vanished into the crowd of people on the sidewalk five minutes ago.

                  "Why don't we just go do our own thing," walking right behind her, I ask.

                   "Doesn't Uncle Boing Boing still live around here?" Maya asks continuing to walk in the presumed direction the Ross girls went.

                       "I'm not sure where he's at these days," I admit. "He ended up dropping out of college his junior year and pretty much disappeared off the face of the planet."

"Are you sure he isn't with your uncle Eric?" Maya asks with wonder.

                  "Why would he be with Eric?"

      "Isn't that where your aunt Morgan went?" Her eyebrows are furrowed together as she glances back at me from over her shoulder. 

             "Aunt Morgan kind of disappeared off the face of the planet as well. We usually see Eric or Shawn. Well, obviously we see Shawn since he's married to your mom," I ramble awkwardly. 

           I know Shawn isn't my biological uncle, but it's still a little weird to think that he's married to Katy now. Does that make Maya my figurative cousin? I hope it doesn't! Being cousin level is kind of a downgrade from being figurative sibling level which is a complete and utter disaster! Who am I going to tell my deepest, darkest, extremely sad secrets to?

                  "Riles, breathe," Maya's hands are on either one of my shoulders, and she's staring directly into my eyes. She must've stopped walking while I was busy having a mental over load. 

              "I am calm!" I shout only to receive curious and concerned looks from the people walking by us. "Let's just walk."

               I wonder how everyone else is doing right now. I bet Farkle and Smackle are having the time of their life at the science museum with that Stuart guy. Luke probably escaped Lucas and Zay's watch within the first twenty minutes of being with them. Then again, Zay probably left and Lucas was too distracted with Zay's parting to even notice Luke leave. What? I have Zay on speed dial in case something dramatic happens.

                "What were you thinking about?" Maya asks as we cross the street  to the less crowded sidewalk.

                 "Absolutely nothing," I give her a reassuring smile.

          She gives me a skeptical look but doesn't press on the topic. "Do you think those couples counseling things work?" She stops to stare up at a sign overhead advertising a business that I had never heard of.

                "I'm not sure," I really hope she doesn't want to go in there. I mean, the name on the sign seems a little fishy. Whose name is Dr. Gabriel Dreamboat? 

                     "Let's go check it out," she opens the door and walks inside before I can even object. 

      I really don't want to be left out here alone. I can't help feeling like some creep is watching me from a distance. The thing that sends me inside the building is a random guy that walks past me, eyeing me as he goes. Maybe I would've reacted a little differently had the guy not looked to be in his forties.

               "What made you change your mind?" Looking around the room and taking everything in, Maya asks.

               "To quote Lucas, I encountered a Creepy Creep Creep while standing outside," I tell her, glancing over towards the window just to make sure the guy was actually gone and hadn't decided to come back.

               "You ran into Charlie?" Maya turns to me with full attention.

         I shake my head in response. "This dude was probably in his forties."

        "Yeah, that's definitely creepy," Maya cringes.

      "Can I help you ladies with anything?" We both look over at the front desk only to see a woman in her late twenties staring at us with a look of interest.

               "Is Dr. Dreamboat good at couples counseling?" Maya asks.

        The woman looks between Maya and me with curiosity. "I've only seen women with their lazy men walk in through those doors," she gestures at the door behind us with her pen. "I'm sure Dr. Dreamboat can work with you two ladies with whatever it is in your relationship that you are dealing with."

                    "We're not-" 

          Maya places her hand over my mouth to shut me up, keeping her eyes trained on the receptionist. "Do we need an appointment?" 

                    "I'm sure I can squeeze a special case in," she looks between the two of us one last time before looking down and flipping through her appointment book. "It looks like there was a last minute cancellation. You two can go right on in."

             The lady doesn't look at us as she points over to the door on her right. What's her problem? 

                "Thank you Mara," Maya tells the woman as we walk past her.

           "Her name plate said Amira," I whisper to Maya as we enter the room.

          "I don't care what her name is, Riles," Maya shakes her head. "I just don't like how she was giving us looks."

             "Sorry I'm late," Josh apologizes walking into the room with a container of ramen in his hand. He looks up to see me and Maya sitting on the couch with a surprised look on both of our faces. 

                "Uncle Josh?" I ask still feeling surprised by the fact that he's standing right in front of me.

              "Boing Boing is Dr. Dreamboat?" Maya's jaw is practically on the floor by now, and she looks over at me. "You're right, Riles, we shouldn't have come in here."

           A/N:  I wasn't going to publish this chapter until I was completely done with this story, but I kind of need something to do in my spare time to not think about school. Online school just isn't it for me; I would much rather be back in physical school. Crazy insane? Maybe so, but we all take some sort of risk every single time we need to go out in public. 

             Anyway, enough about me and my boring life opinions. 

   Dr. Dreamboat was inspired by the fandom character Wikipedia that comes in handy when I need some info. At this point, I'm not sure whether I like the nickname 'Uncle Boing Boing' or 'Dreamboat' better. Boing Boing is fun to say, but Dreamboat has other options.