Cory's POV

This is the day I have been dreading for eighteen years, the day I have to let one of my little birdies fly out of the nest and into the great unknown.

As I stand here with Topanga on my right, and Shawn on my left, I can't help but to think just how far we have all come and how much we have all grown. It wasn't that long ago that Shawn was still single, I really don't understand how that happened, and didn't have any children to watch fly away. Now, he is stood here watching his daughter go off on an adventure of a lifetime.

Riley, Maya, Smackle, Lucas, Farkle, and Zay left an hour ago, but none of us have found it in us to leave the airport. Even Auggie hasn't felt the need to tell us to get a move on, because he can't stop staring at the gate in hopes that Riley will come back.

I've known Riley for eighteen years, and she has taken on the world through its ups and downs. It's crazy to think that she's going down a different path than previously planned, but I guess that life is crazy in that way. She has come face to face with changes and has conquered them alongside her friends.

Whatever may come their way, I know that they will come together to take on the world one puzzle piece at a time. Life is about taking chances 'cause moments happen everywhere, and it's better to be prepared than to not be prepared.

I wonder if her heart is beating like a drum at this very moment, knowing that she's leaving home. Maybe, someone decided to light up the stars since she has some pages to turn.

Whatever the case may be, I know that she will be alright.