Zuri's POV

"Come on, Zuri, what are you hiding this time?" Stuart whines from beside me.

I'm starting to regret inviting Stuart over to binge-watch Love it or List it. Ever since I heard the news that Riley and her crew are coming over, I haven't been able to stop thinking about what Lucas had done right before they left.

                   "Can't a girl be left to her own thoughts without someone invading them?" I ask him back, raising an eyebrow to challenge him into asking another question.

"That sounds like an awful thing to do." Stuart says, scrunching his face up in disgust.

                  "Did they love it or list it?" Changing the topic and looking at the screen, I ask him.

                     "They listed it, but I think Hilary did a fabulous job with her designing." Stuart gushes.

                       "Dude, it's Hilary Farr. Of course she's going to want to beat David when it comes to their customers keeping their home." I roll my eyes at him and grab the empty popcorn bucket.

                        "Hey, do you want to go get some ice cream or something?" He asks with a hopeful look.

                        Holding up my hand to stop him from whatever thoughts are currently running through his head, I say. "We're just friends."

                    "Why-"

           I cut him off before he can get any further. "Just friends." I emphasize the word 'friends' before turning and walking out of the kitchen with the popcorn bucket.

                    I kind of feel sorry for him, but he's the one that won't leave me alone and walk away from the idea of us being together.

                         "Why are you just now telling me that there's going to be six more teenagers in this already cramped up apartment?!" Bertram asks, following closely behind Jessie as she walks into the kitchen.

                What's with her and the kitchen today? I'm pretty sure there are other rooms in this place where she can hang out and argue with Bertram in.

                           "This place can fit a petting zoo in it!" Jessie exclaims, stopping to face Bertram.

                   Bertram glances over at me then looks at Jessie with an annoyed expression. "Don't give her any ideas." He warns her.

                         "A petting zoo does sound rather nice." Setting the empty popcorn bucket down on the table, I look up at the ceiling in thought with a grin on my face.

             "Look what you did," Bertram gestures over to me. "Now she's going to go ask Christina and Morgan about having a petting zoo in this place."

                 "You're the one encouraging the idea by continuing to mention it." Jessie says matter of fact.

               "You're the one that said okay to having six more teenagers in this place and told the children to not give me a warning until the last minute." Bertram argues back.

                          The elevator dings from the other room, and Jessie perks up at the sound. "My mission is accomplished." She smiles brightly and walks out of the kitchen. 

                           Bertram looks at the door leading back to the living room in disbelief. "She actually waited until the last minute to tell me."