chapter five

MADILYN HOLLEY

"What the HELL is happening here?" Liam whisper-yelled to Harry, awaking me from my deep sleep. That was pretty unfortunate considering how comfortable I had been. I was about to open my eyes when I heard Harry begin responding, so I decided to eavesdrop a bit before letting the boys know I was awake. Sue me.

"Excuse me Liam, I was sleeping quite peacefully until you came along." Harry mumbled, seeming irritated that he had been woken up. I felt him stretch a bit and then tighten his grip on me and I felt him lean his cheek back against the top of my head as he let out a heavy sigh. It seemed like he was going back to sleep, but I couldn't be sure since I hadn't opened my eyes yet.

Either way Liam was not having that and he whispered back, "Harry wake the fuck up. I told you I didn't want this. That girl is going to get her heart broken and it's going to be all my fault."

I felt Harry shift as he attempted to sit up a bit, responding quickly, "Is that all you think of me? I'm just going to break every girl's heart? I'm not like that and you know it. I'd never do that."

"No, but you are the flirtiest lad I have ever met. You're going to lead her on Harry." Liam responded. At this point I was getting upset at the way Liam was treating Harry. I had only known him for a day, and while it was true that he was a flirt, he also seemed very genuine and caring, not at all the type to lead anyone on. This boy wasn't a heartbreaker by any means.

"That's bullshit and we both know it." Harry mumbled.

I didn't want this conversation to continue any longer and I was getting a bit uncomfortable the longer I listened, so I pretended to stretch a bit, letting out a yawn. I opened my eyes and pretended to be shocked that I was basically laying on top of Harry, quickly sitting up.

"When did- I'm sorry I- uhhhh.." I started, basically reacting the same way I had earlier this morning, only this time it was fake.

Harry seemed to catch on, realizing I didn't want Liam to know we chose to continue sleeping that way, and responded, "Oh you fell asleep on me last night during the movie and I felt so bad because of your jet lag that I decided to stay instead of wake you. I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable, you just seemed so exhausted that Liam and I wanted you to get a good nights rest."

"You also had a death grip on him so we couldn't move you to the guest room no matter how hard we tried." Liam said with a chuckle.

I nodded my head at the boys and said, "Oh you didn't have to do that, I would have been fine being woken up but thank you. I am pretty grateful, I haven't slept that well in years."

Harry smiles and before he could respond Liam stood and said, "Okay okay, we've gotta get home. We'll see you later though Harry."

I stood up as well and we said our goodbyes to Harry before heading back home. Liam didn't mention Harry in the car and I was thankful for that because had he mentioned it, I know he would have been able to tell that I have a minor schoolgirl crush on him, even after only having known him a day. But Lee would have picked it up instantly. I can't hide the blush, it always gives me away.

When we got home I went straight to the shower since I hadn't showered after swimming at Harry's last night. I let the water run for awhile as I just enjoyed the heat. I love taking showers, baths too, I just feel so content when I do. I had my music playing in the background, and a familiar song began playing. I immediately recognized the song and began singing along, thankful that I was along in the pool house to sing as loud as I wanted rather than have to keep it quiet so Liam won't embarrass me.

"Ain't never felt this way
Can't get enough so stay with me
It's not like we got big plans
Let's drive around town holding hands"

I thought of Harry and how he gave me butterflies from the moment we met.

"And you need to know
You're the only one, alright alright
And you need to know
That you keep me up all night, all night"

I blushed at the thought of all night, remembering that I had cuddled on the couch with him all night long, and how he even insinuated that he liked it.

"Oh, my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad
Oh, oh my heart hurts so good
I love you, babe, so bad, so bad"

I sighed, turning off the water and stepping out of the shower. There was no way that anything would ever happen between Harry and I, but a girl could dream right? I didn't fit in with his world and I knew that, I mean a Youtube vlogger and an ex-boyband member? That sounded like a story that absolutely no one would read. It definitely didn't stop the butterflies from coming every time I thought of him though.

I got dried off and got dressed in a pair of pink sweatpants and a white tee shirt, knowing I didn't have any plans for the rest of the day. It was around lunchtime, so I figured I'd head into the main house and see if Liam wanted to go pick something up.
I threw on a pair of Birkenstock's and stepped out onto the back lawn to see that Liam was already sitting outside at the patio table, but he was on the phone. I didn't want to interrupt him so I decided to sit on the porch swing and scroll through Instagram. I clicked on my DMs seeing that I had a notification.

I opened it to see a message from Layla that read:
"Hey girl! I was going to get your number last night to see if you wanted to hang out this week but you seemed to be sleeping pretty comfortably (;"

I laughed at that and sent her back my number. I looked up to see that Liam was no longer on the phone and was walking over to the swing I was on, I guess he had noticed that I had come outside as well.

"Hey Madi, wanna go get some lunch?" He asked.

"I was just coming out here to ask you that!" I smiled. "Let's do it! Can we stop at a grocery after? I'd like to get some food to cook at home too."

He nodded his head and we both headed towards the driveway to grab lunch. After hopping in the car I buckled up and then reached for my phone seeing that Layla had texted me after all.

"Sooooo this may be weird but um..." She said. "You guys looked so cute that I couldn't help myself!"

I was confused for a minute until I received a second text, but I received a photo instead. It was a picture of Harry and I that I guess she had taken before she left last night. I guess it was before we had fully laid down, and Harry was leaning against the back of the couch, feet kicked up on the table and an arm draped over my shoulders. I was laying on his shoulder, an arm that had probably been wrapped around his stomach at one point was just laying in his lap, and my knees that were once pulled up to my chest were also conveniently laying in Harry's lap.

I admired the photo for a minute, and the look on Harry's face as the picture was taken. His eyes looked tired but his smile was bright and almost childlike, as he gave the camera a big thumbs up with his free hand. He looked happy, which was the confusing part for me considering there was a girl laying in his lap he had that he had just met. This was when the butterflies picked back up, and I realized that I was in deep trouble.

******************

A/N: This was a short chapter, I know! I hope you enjoyed it though, and I wanted to say a thank you to anyone who reads my story. I really love writing and I really appreciate you for reading my work.

XOXO