chapter six

MADILYN HOLLEY

"I'm serious!" I yelled at my laptop, a hint of laughter in my voice. I had just told Tess all about my first day here over FaceTime, and by first day I meant every single detail of every encounter I had with Harry. I had just told her about last night and from the look on her face I could tell that she did not believe me at all.

"You are telling me that after one day of knowing him you just happened to fall asleep laying on the one and only Harry Styles while wearing his clothes and his ring? I'm not buying it Madi this is real life not some fan fiction!" She said, rolling her eyes.

Instead of responding, I held up my left hand to the camera for her to see the ring on my finger with a smirk.

"That's just a gold ring." She replied, still not believing me.

I jumped up and ran to the bathroom to grab the hoodie I had taken off yesterday morning when I got home. I hadn't done much since then, I just ate with Liam, got some groceries and chilled. I grabbed it and ran back to the camera to hold it up.

"Oh that's cute, is it new?" Tess asked.

"New to me, old to Harry." I said with a smile. "Go to his Instagram."

She pulled her phone out since she was calling me on her laptop as well, and I could see the suspicion in her eyes. A few minutes later she slowly looked up at the camera with wide eyes.

"Are you serious? Madi no way you, you're joking. No way, are you serious?" She stuttered, holding the phone up to the camera to show me a picture of Harry wearing the hoodie that was in my hands. Just then, Layla texted me. I looked down at my phone to respond but then realized I had the proof of all proof to show her. I quickly sent the photo to her and watched, waiting for her reaction. I definitely expected her to freak out, but I was not expecting her to drop her phone entirely and start screaming while jumping around the room.

"Tess what the hell is wrong with you?" I said in a fit of laughter.

"My best friend is gonna be dating Harry Styles!!" She shouted.

"Are you crazy Tess, no I'm not. There's no way that will ever happen. It's like you said, this is real life, not some story on Wattpad." I replied with a sigh.

"But you want to." She rebutted, looking straight at me.

"I mean, I don't know.. I just.. the butterflies I get when he is around are insane Tess. They are crazy. He's an international pop star though, and we do not live in the same world."

Tess gave me a dumb look and said, "Girl are you stupid? Not in the same world? You live in his best friend's house who is also an international pop star. You ALSO make Youtube videos and have over two million subscribers on a channel where you post videos constantly of you singing and writing songs. You're really going to tell me you don't live in the same world? What is there to question?"

"It's not happening Tess." I replied with a sigh, knowing that no matter how I feel about Harry, he would never feel the same about me.

"We'll see." Tess said back, before changing the subject. We talked for awhile about how things were going at home and when she would come to visit, and then she had to go. After we got off the phone, I realized I had never even looked at Layla's text. I opened it to see that she had asked if I wanted to hang out today and I quickly replied that it sounded fun.

She responded saying she'd be over around 1, and it was currently only 11:30. We decided that we were going to go out for lunch at one of her favorite restaurants that she wanted to show me, and then just come back to the house to hang. I decided to go ahead and get ready now that way I wouldn't need to rush. I took a quick shower, deciding not to wash my hair since I don't typically wash it every day anyways. After I got out I decided to put on a cute blue dress and a pair of white sandals and leave my hair as is, since it looked pretty wavy today and I really liked the way it was. I put a bit of makeup on, but not much.