chapter ten

MADILYN HOLLEY

I stepped back from my tripod and smiled, liking the setup I had created for filming in my new room. This would be the first video I posted since moving to LA other than my travel vlog, but I hadn't shown off the new house or done a tour yet at all. I'm so lucky that Liam has decorated the place with me in mind, because it would make hiding the fact that we live together from the public that much easier. I wouldn't have to say the place was decorated for me, because it was totally my style. None of my viewers would suspect a thing, which was good for both my career and Liam's. I didn't want him to get into any sort of mess and so I was glad that I had my own space for filming so that no one would notice anything suspicious. I sat down on the bed and checked my hair on the monitor before starting to film the intro for my video..

"Hey everyone! It's been a while, and I'm so excited to get back to filming for you guys! This move has been so crazy and I've had so much to do since I got here but I am finally ready to show you all my brand new home! I hope you enjoy today's video, let me know what you guys would like to see next. Alright, let's get into the house tour!"

I stood up to stop the camera and set it aside as I put away my tripod and ring light so that I could have my room clean for that part of the house tour. I grabbed the camera and ran downstairs to start the tour outside and show off my favorite part of the house. I decided to film the video montage style and do a voiceover instead of doing it vlog style, so I just took a bunch of videos of every area in the house and of the front porch and the swing.

"Are you filming?" Liam whispered as he approached the house while I was filming shots of the swing.

"You don't have to whisper." I laughed, "I'm doing a house tour but I'm doing it montage style so your voice won't be in it."

"Oh that's a cool idea! Do you need any help?" Liam asked. "I could take some clips with you in them so you can add them to your montage."

"That's a great idea Lee! Thank you!" I smiled brightly. I was feeling much more myself today after having somewhat cleared the air with Harry a few days ago.

Liam took the camera from me and we decided to film a few shots in my favorite areas of the house. He got a video of me and my journal on the swing, a clip of me making tea in the kitchen, vacuuming the rug in the living room, making my bed upstairs, and even got a clip of me doing makeup in my bathroom.

"These clips are going to make the montage feel so much more casual and natural, thanks Lee. You're the best." I said as I took the camera from him and gave him a hug.

"No prob Madi. Are you editing tonight or are you free?"

"I was planning on editing a bit tonight, what did you have in mind?" I questioned.

"Harry wanted to see if we could all get together and have taco night at his house." He shrugged.

"I love tacos! Where are we getting them from?" I asked.

Liam scoffed and replied, "Oh no sweetie, on taco night we throw down in the kitchen."

I laughed and responded that I'd love to go, and for him to let me know as soon as he was ready to go since I was already all dressed from filming. He went back to the main house to get ready since it was almost 5 and I ran upstairs to touch up the curls I had done that morning. I looked in the mirror and scanned my outfit, my flowy white dress with little blue flowers making my skin look so much tanner.

I smiled as I grabbed a few rings from my jewelry dish, a small gold ring with a heart and a small gold ring with tiny diamonds surrounding it. I added them to my fingers along with the gold band of Harry's I had been wearing and the gold pinky ring with the tiny star I had also been wearing and smiled. I've always loved dainty gold jewelry and layering it or wearing multiple pieces. I ran back downstairs to find Liam waiting on the couch as I grabbed my cropped denim jacket and slipped on my sandals.