chapter eighteen

MADILYN HOLLEY

"Can I take this thing off yet?" I whined as we continued walking, or rather Harry continued walking, towards wherever we were going. Harry had made me put on a blindfold a few minutes before we got out of the car and when we finally parked, he met me on the passenger side and helped me out before swiftly picking me up bridal style. I have no clue how the man was able to loop our takeout bag around his wrist and carry me without struggling, but his breathing sounded perfectly normal, peaceful even.

"Madilyn Holley, you impatient woman. I told you I'd let you when we got to our destination, now hush." He responded.

I groaned jokingly, but to be quite honest I could let this man carry me around blindfolded forever. Speaking as the girl who was quite literally in his arms, this man is surprisingly jacked. I reached my hand that had been wrapped around his shoulders over and began tracing the hair at the nape of his neck, twirling the short curls between my fingers as we continued walking. I could hear the sounds of the ocean nearby and the longer we walked, the louder it got.

I smiled softly at Harry before asking, "Harry are you taking me for dinner at the beach?"

"Zip your lips or I'll do it for you, love." He replied with a chuckle. "We're here. I'm going to set you down now, but you can't take off the blindfold yet."

"Okay." I replied as I felt him lower my feet to the ground. I stumbled a bit before standing up straight, holding onto Harry's shoulders for support.

He leaned in close to my ear and whisper huskily, "Give me one second." My entire body shuddered at that and I wanted nothing more than to rip the blindfold off and kiss him right then, but as soon as he said it he backed up and I heard him walk away. A moment later I heard the takeout bag rustling for a moment, and then it stopped.

"Okay, now you can take it off."

I eagerly ripped off the blindfold to see Harry standing on a boat with beautiful candles and twinkle lights, our food all set out on a table, and a bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses for them. He had a radiant smile on his face, and there was what looked to be the beginning of a beautiful orange sunset behind him.

"Oh Harry," I beamed, "this is so beautiful."

Harry blushes a bit as he responded, "Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" I responded as I ran towards the boat, eager to jump on.

"Careful!" He shouted as he ran to the edge of the boat and grabbed me by the waist just as my foot began to slip off the dock. He pulled me towards the boat so that I wouldn't fall into the water, but that just resulted in both of us falling straight to the floor, with Harry lying flat on his back and me landing, ever so gracefully, right on top of him.

"Ow." He mumbled as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I'm sorry!" I replied as I quickly moved my hands to the back of his head and began softly rubbing it. "Are you okay?"

"Well I'm perfect now." He smirked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and tilted his head up, colliding our lips quickly. I threaded my fingers through his curls and held him closer to me as our lips moved together, and he tightened his grip on my waist in response. This was it, those fireworks everyone always talks about. Kissing Harry was it. Two seconds ago I was falling off the dock and now we were laying on the floor of the boat, with me directly on top of Harry, in a seriously heated make out session. I felt the tip of Harry's tongue graze my bottom lip slowly and I opened my mouth readily as he began hungrily exploring my mouth. This man was going to be the death of me.