chapter thirteen

MADILYN HOLLEY

"Oh my god Harry." I moaned. "This is so fucking amazing."

"I know right? I don't know what they are putting in the sauce but this is some of the best pasta I've ever had. Do you want to try mine?" He asked.

"Hell yes." I responded.

He twirled his fork in his noodles and got a good bite before sticking the fork out for me. Instead of taking the fork for him, I just ate straight off of the fork with it still in his hand. He looked at me with wide eyes when I did so, which I found quite funny, but I didn't really care.

"Holy crap." I moaned again. "Try mine, you're gonna love it."

I picked up a few noodles which was easier for me since I had penne noodles instead of fettuccine like Harry. I held the fork up for him and he opened his mouth, so I fed him the bite. I couldn't tell if we were being cute or acting like toddlers, but there was no one watching so I choose to believe it was cute.

"Okay, I think yours is even better than mine." He said as he took the fork from my hand and took another bite of my dinner. He set it down after and reached towards the cooler and opened it to pull out a nice bottle of red wine.

"Oh how fancy Mr. Styles." I teased.

"Thank you, thank you very much." He replied, awkwardly pretending to take a bow since he was sitting down.

"Shit." He muttered. "I knew I forgot something."

"What?"

"I had a feeling I was forgetting something but I couldn't figure out what, but I forgot to bring glasses." He said with a chuckle.

"Fine by me. Crack that bad boy open!" I whisper-shouted, earning a full belly laugh from Harry. God that sound was music to my ears. I would pay good money to hear that laugh again.

As soon as he opened the bottle he held it out for me and I took it from him, taking a large swig straight from the bottle before handing it back to him. He took a sip after me and smiled, and I couldn't help but think about how comfortable we were around each other despite how long we had actually known each other. It felt like we were old friends who trusted each other.

"The movie's starting!" Harry whispered excitedly. He moved the cooler to the front seat so he could stretch out his legs as he pulled a blanket over his legs.

"Are you cold?" He asked.

"Not right now, it hasn't gotten late yet so it still feels pretty good to me." I responded as I took another bite of my food. Harry had eaten fairly fast and was already done, and had laid down next to me. I was still sitting up finishing my food though.

"I can't believe they're playing this movie, it's one of my absolute favorites." I whispered to Harry.

"Really? Big fan of movie musicals?" He asked.

"Big fan of music in general. But I've always loved Mamma Mia, and the fact that they are playing both movies tonight is incredible." I responded.

Harry hummed in response as he took another sip of the wine. I finished my food and took another few sips of wine before I began to lay down as well. He lifted the blanket a bit and looked up at me with a warm smile and I happily slid underneath the blanket. We were now both laying on our sides facing each other, but with our heads turned towards the screen as we watched.

Just before the end of the first movie I started having cramps and realized I had probably started my period. I climbed out of the car and went around front to check my purse for tampons, but didn't have a single one with me.