Chapter One - Desperate Pleas

-Legolas, my friend! It's good to see you!- Aragorn exclaimed, embracing the elf and patting his back.

-Aragorn! It's always nice to see you!- Legolas replied as they moved away from each other, strolling along the corridor of the palace.

-You haven't changed a bit! So how's your immortal life?- Aragorn inquired.

-Good, and you have grown old, my friend! But I think you need to explain why you came to visit us- Legolas began, a somber tone entering his voice.

-I came here in search of help... You must have heard about the new threat from Mordor- Aragorn say, prompting a nod from the elf.

-The orcs are pushing outside of Mordor... I was on my way to celebrate Kayla's 20th birthday...-

-Kayla?- Legolas interrupts him.

-She's my daughter... Anyway, I was traveling with her and Arwen. We had only  a few soldiers with us, and on the way, the ogres attacked us-

-What happened?-

-The soldiers are all dead... There were so many orcs and Kayla was taken prisoner...- Aragorn struggled to recount the loss.

-And Arwen?- Legolas asked with concern.

-I'm here Legolas- Arwen said, appearing from behind them.

-Are you all right, my friend?- he asked her as he embraced her.

-Yes, I am...- she answered sadly, thoughts of her daughter weighing on her.

They held each other in a hug.

-We are here to ask for help- Aragorn resumed as they parted from the embrace.

-Soldiers to start a war? It will be difficult to convince my father- Legolas mused, contemplating how he could assist his friends.

-He's waiting for us to talk- Aragorn said.

-Come, I'll take you- the elf led his friends to his father, Thranduil, King of the Wood-elves of Mirkwood.

In the throne room:

-Aragorn, King of Gondor, welcome, and you too, Arwen, Queen of Gondor-Thranduil greeted them.

-Thank you so much for your..-

- How long are you staying? - the Elf King interrupted.

-I'm sorry but we have to leave as soon as possible - Arwen answered.

-Why is that? -

- My lord, our daughter was taken prisoner...-

-Princess Kayla? - the king inquired.

-yes, my lord-

- And you came here to ask for soldiers? -  the king's voice turned cold.

- My lord the threat from Mordor is strong and is now expanding...-Aragorn began.

- Don't lie to me Aragorn King of Gondor.. your heart would start a war just for your daughter – the king interrupted him.

- Yes, but I also do it for my people and all the inhabitants of the Middle-earth..-

-Continue- the king ordered.

- My lord we have reason to believe that the ogres who attacked usand took our daughter prisoner have not yet returned to Mordor. They have stopped and will stay still for a few days... I want to go get my daughter.. but I need help and getting back to Gondor takes too long... I ask therefore help to you - Aragorn concluded his speech.

-I can't waste elves just to save a life.. - the king replied.

-Just for a life? Kayla is our daughter! Wouldn't you do everything possible to save her if she were your daughter? - Arwen desperately asked.

-Arwen you know how much I care about you... but I can't spend the lives of my army for just one person...-  the king said with compassion, caressing Arwen's cheek.

-Then my lord we bid farewell- Aragorn said, taking his wife by the hand as they left the throne room.

Only the king and his son, Legolas, remained in the room.

-Father.. - Legolas started.

-Don't speak Legolas, I know how much you care about Aragorn and Arwen but I just can't help them-

------

-I come with you, you can't go alone- Legolas said, shouldering a quiver of arrows.

-No Legolas, your place is here as prince- Aragorn and Arwen tried to stop him.

-You're wrong; my place is with you-

-Then what are we waiting for? We have a princess to save! - Gandalf declared.

-You got the message! - said Aragorn relieved in seeing the magician.

They prepared everything for the departure.

-Arwen you don't come with us, you are going to Gondor- Aragorn tried to persuade his wife.

-Don't even think about it! I'm coming with you! - Arwen replied.

-Gondor needs someone to reign- he attempted to convince her.

-Eldarion knows how to rule over Gondor in our absence, don't you trust your son? –

-It's not that! I just want you safe, of course I trust Eldarion! -

-We have no time to lose, we must leave- Gandalf urged.

They left...

-------

Meanwhile, Kayla was a prisoner of ogres.

They had been sitting for a day, waiting for backup.

The girl was tired, receiving no food or drink. Her strength was waning, and while her body stood motionless against the trunk of a tree, her thoughts were with her father, her mother, and her brother.

--------

MY SPACE:
First of all thanks for reading the first chapter, I will continue soon...
Anyway, leave a comment so I can also realize what you think, THANKS!!