Kabanata 34

Kabanata 34

If I Have Nothing

"Congratulations!" I popped the party popper in front of him. Kapapasok niya pa lang sa condo at kanina pa ako naghihintay sa kaniyang pag-uwi.

I giggled when the strips of paper fell into his face. Ibinaba ko ang tube at natatawang lumapit sa kaniya. I held his face and shoved the small strips away.

"How did you know?" he asked me. Ang kaniyang braso ay pumalibot na sa aking baywang.

"I was searching through the net and then found the news about your album launching. Ngayon lang pala ilalabas iyon? It's been almost a year."

"They're polishing everything because it's our debut and first ever album. They want it to be grand."

I smiled sweetly. "I also saw your debut photos. Kailan iyon?"

"Just...last month." Tumango ako. The concept was red and black like a theme for both love and pain. In my case, I've heard some of the songs of their albums so I already have an idea. Last year pa iyon pero parang tandang-tanda ko pa rin ang mga kanta nila.

"Ang gwapo mo doon."

He chuckled. "Really?"

I eagerly nodded my head. Lumayo ako nang kaunti sa kaniya. Wala ng nakasabit sa kaniyang buhok.

"Naghanda ako ng dinner. I was actually thinking if I should invite your band mates but they'll wonder why would we live together."

"Do you want me to tell them?" Sinipat niya ang aking mukha. His thumb caressed my cheek lovingly.

"Pwede?"

"If that's what you want. We can't hide this forever."

Nagbaba ako ng tingin. "But it will come out weird. What if ipakilala mo na lang akong girlfriend?"

He smirked, "Yeah?"

I smiled cheekily. I kissed his cheek and giggled. "Let's eat! I cooked Beef stroganoff and kotleti!"

I pulled him to the dining. Inasikaso ko siya at nilagyan ng pagkain sa pinggan. Then, I sat beside him. We talked while we eat. He was asking about how my class went to this day. We're on our finals for our first term so it was kind of a hassle. May iilan kasing lessons namin sa midterms na hindi na-tackle kaya isinama na lang sa finals.

It was the last week of November when the Absinthe's album came out of the market. It was first released in a famous music app and then, there was an official audio on YouTube. I was there when they announced how their official audio on YouTube reached 1 million views in a week. For a rising band, it was already a high achievement for them. It may seem that they are going for an international title, too. Mukhang ganoon din ang plano ng entertainment company na kumuha sa kanila.

And then, they already had their first television interview from a famous entertainment show. A lot has been said about them. Ang dami nilang papuring nakuha mula sa iilang artista at ibang musicians ng ibang mga banda. They looked up on them because they created such music that was filled with mixtures of emotions. Like there was always sudden twist to the song that they made.

Masaya ako para kay Rhett. He told me that he didn't dream of becoming popular. Ang gusto niya lang ay tumutugtog habang inaabot ang pangarap na maging arkitekto din katulad ng kaniyang ama. He didn't expect that joining the band again will make him go this far.

"You've been smiling ever since the movie started." aniya sa akin nang malingunan niya ako. Tumaas lamang ang aking kilay pero may ngiti pa rin sa labi.