What Happened?

***

Hey guys! Here's a Kinon fanfic. I've been getting requests to write one, and I've finally caved. Just so you know, there will be lemon scenes, I just wanna spend some time writing about something familiar to me. Plus, Tsuboi is Klein, and Andrew is Agil. I know most people don't know their names. Anyway, please enjoy The Gunpowder Blade! :D

-Seijirou

***

(Kazuto)

"I'll always be right next to you." Asuna cupped my cheek. 

"I'll give you everything I have." I leaned and placed a soft, lingering kiss on her lips. 

"I love you, Kirito." Asuna pulled me into a hug. I nuzzled into her neck. 

"I love you too, Asuna." I said back. 

I woke up to a thud in the bathroom. I looked at my clock which said, '02:19.' The only people I live with are my Uncle Minetaka, Aunt Midori and Cousin Suguha. Midori was out right now, and Minetaka is hardly ever around, so it must be Suguha. I threw myself out of bed and ran to the closed bathroom door. 

"Sugu, you alright?!" I knocked on the door. Thankfully, I heard an answer. 

"Yeah, Kazuto, I'm okay. I just dropped my phone." Suguha replied. I shook my head. 

"Bringing your phone to the bathroom? That is just so damn disgusting." I chuckled and returned to my room. I could faintly hear Suguha throw a comeback, but I was too far and tired to hear. After closing my door, I climbed back into bed and snuggled my pillow. 

*Buzz Buzz*

My phone began to ring. I groaned and picked it up, looking at the caller ID. It was Asuna. I unplugged it and placed it to my ear, accepting the call. 

"Hello, Asuna." I greeted. I could faintly hear two sets of breath on the other side of the line. 

"Hey, Kirito. Sorry for calling so early." Asuna replied. 

"No no, I actually couldn't sleep." I lied. 

"Oh, okay. Good." She exhaled. 

"So, did you need something?" I moved the conversation along. 

"Actually, no. I'm just calling to tell you that I have some bad news. My parents set me up to get married. And, after so many disregards, I have to go through with it. My mother has one request of me. This is gonna hurt the most. Um, she wants me to cut all ties with you and the gang. To keep the marriage healthy and unchallenged." Asuna explained. I was speechless, tears began to stream down my face. "Kirito, please answer me." 

"What happened?" I murmured. 

"What?" Asuna asked. 

"What happened?!" I shouted. "What happened to 'I'll never leave you,' and 'You're the only one I'll ever love?!" I shouted at her. I could hear her cry on the other side. I really had no reason to yell, but it's how I felt at the moment. 

"I do love you, it's just that I'm not allowed to anymore. It's different. I want to love you, but I can't." Asuna whined. Suddenly, someone else spoke, a deep, grizzly male voice.