Chapter 4

The four of us walked onto a Quinjet on the platform.

"Hey, you guys aren't authorized to be in here," a man said, walking forward to stop us.

"Son, just don't," Steve said, raising his hand.

Barton got in the pilot seat and started the engine, and I walked over next to him.

"Cora," Steve started, "When fighting Loki, you could control the water, and it came out of your hands. How did you do that?"

"Hydrogenesis, forming water out of thin air and being able manipulate it," I told him, preoccupied by checking that the coordinates were lined up.

Steve had a confused look on his face and Natasha walked over, "The greek god Poseidon, god of the sea? Yea she," Natasha said pointing at me, "is his daughter."

"I'm sorry, what?" Steve had a baffled look on his face.

"Yeah," I nodded.

My father is Poseidon, my mother Amphitrite. Long story short I was banned from Olympus, my old home and home of the gods in 1960. Fifty two years ago I came here and started a new life. SHIELD found me in 77 and I began working there, until 3 months ago, I retired. And then of course, Nick called me back for the Avengers.

"Wow, the world really has changed I guess," Steve said, looking at me with curiosity.

"I guess it has."

A while later, we finally arrived in New York, and I saw Stark tower in the distance.

"Nat!" Yelled Barton.

"I see em!"

Loki saw the jet from on top of Stark tower, and a blast was shot at us, and the jet caught on fie. I immediately grabbed the railing next to me and hung on for dear life. All of us did. We finally were all able to land somewhat safely, and all got off the jet.

We all looked up at the tower. "We have to get up there," I said, trying to regain my balance.

Suddenly, a beam shot from Stark tower into the sky. Not seconds after, weird looking aliens were flying from the portal, landing on the buildings surrounding us. The Chitauri.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked over the comms.

"Seeing. Still working on believing...Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" I asked.

Tony sighed, "Just keep me posted."

Steve, Natasha, Clint, and I ran and crouched behind a crashed taxi. "We've got civilians trapped," Barton said.

We looked above us and noticed Loki flying in one of the alien crafts.

"Loki," Steve muttered under his breath.

We all got out and began to kill the Chitauri one by one. My two falcatas formed in each hand, two 20 inch swords, my preferred choice of weapon. One came at me, and I dodged its blast. I high kicked the weapon out of its hand, stabbed it in the chest, and it fell to the ground. Steve and I began running through the street, killing Chitauri along the way, getting through the streets by jumping on top of cars. We came upon a line of police and jumped on a car in front of them.

"You need men in these buildings," Steve ordered, "There are people inside and they can be running right into the line of fire. You take them to the basement or through the subway, you keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th.

The policeman scoffed, "Why the hell should I take orders from you two?"

Two Chitauri came up behind us and began attacking. I formed a line of water and forced it straight through its chest, and Steve hit the other with his shield, as both fell to the ground dead.

The Sargent looked shocked and confused, before turning back to his men, "I need men in those buildings, lead the people down and away from the streets. We're gonna set up a perimeter all the way down to 39th street."

I rolled my eyes at how oblivious people were sometimes. Steve and I ran back to Natasha and Clint, seeing them surrounded. We fought all the rest of them, seeing the area clear for the moment. Thor dropped down from the tower with a blast of lighting.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable."

"Thor is right, we gotta deal with these guys," Tony said over the earpiece.

"How do we do this?" I asked.

"As a team," Steve responded, standing next to me.

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor said.

Clint looked upset, "Oh yeah! Get in line."

"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us to-" Steve got cut off.

We all saw banner drive up slowly on a motorcycle.

"So, this all seems horrible," he said.

"I've seen worse," Natasha said, eyeing him.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize, we could- use a little worse," she said.

"Stark, we got him," Steve said into the earpiece.

"Banner?"

"Just like you said."

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you," Tony responded flying around the corner, a huge dragon, alien, robot thing following him. I don't even know.

"I'm sorry, how is that a party?" I questioned.

"Doctor Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry," Steve said.

"That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry." Banner walked towards the alien, turning huge and green before they collided. He punched it in the nose and it flipped on its back, crashing into the near building.